Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: syncrowave 250

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    111

    Default syncrowave 250

    Hello people I need info please I heard this morning a " LEAK"? inside the tig welder I usually wear ear plugs this morning I was in a hurry to tig a small piece and did not put them in my ears so when I hit the pedal I heard the leaking sound is this normal or do you guys think its leaking inside by solenoid?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    west central Florida
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNUNEZ View Post
    Hello people I need info please I heard this morning a " LEAK"? inside the tig welder I usually wear ear plugs this morning I was in a hurry to tig a small piece and did not put them in my ears so when I hit the pedal I heard the leaking sound is this normal or do you guys think its leaking inside by solenoid?
    Certainly going to need more information, can you still weld ? If not what happens/or doesn't happen when you try?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default leak

    You might be hearing the "buzz" of the high frequency.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littlewheel View Post
    You might be hearing the "buzz" of the high frequency.
    This is most likely the correct answer.

    Griff

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Our Sync 250 sounds like a small prop plane taking off. How can you hear anything over the fan noise?
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    Our Sync 250 sounds like a small prop plane taking off. How can you hear anything over the fan noise?
    Good ears.

    Griff

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    276

    Default

    OK, Griff01, you have good ears. What vintage is your Syncro? My son says he can sometimes hear gas from both the gun and the solenoid from ours when he first triggers the unit. I guess a sort of SIGH, but that's my guess.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    OK, Griff01, you have good ears. What vintage is your Syncro? My son says he can sometimes hear gas from both the gun and the solenoid from ours when he first triggers the unit. I guess a sort of SIGH, but that's my guess.
    Well, I don't have a gun on mine so it is likely a different vintage than yours. And actually my hearing is BAD. Standing in front of the machines (three) I can hear the hi-freq buzz and it sounds sort of like a gas leak.

    Sigh and bye,
    Griff

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Sorry, I meant the torch.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    Sorry, I meant the torch.
    I should have let that one pass.

    I have a Syncro 350 at my shop (about 2005 vintage) and a 250 (about 2000 vintage) at my day job.

    Griff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.