Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Grease or Lube for Rotary Switch

Have a Syncrowave 180 SD made in 1999. The grease on the rotary switch contacts (DC-, AC, DC+) in front of the machine has become dried out and hard. The old grease appeared to be a dark green in color and I cannot determine what Miller used. I have a tube of lubriplate DS-ES grease for switch contacts in the shop. Wanted to ask the members before I apply anything on the switch contacts. What are other people using?

Good Question Bill, This is definitely a question to have answered by some one who knows for sure, It sounds like you have the right stuff but I would wait for someone like Cruizer to answer this one.

Bill, Your 180 SD polarity switch is a perfect application for Lubriplate DS-ES grease.

Whatever you do, don't make the same mistake many do and use a dielectric grease as they are designed and used to hinder electrical conduction rather than aid.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Thanks duaneb55 for the reply. I'll go ahead and lubricate my polarity switch with the Lubriplate DS-ES grease.