Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spoolmate 30A

Hybrid View

Default Spoolmate 30A

I have a Miller Spoolmate 30A on my 251. I was pushing it out of the garage and the harness for the 30A got caught under the front caster wheel. It mashed & broke some of the wires . What I have to do is find a suitable connecter to do fix my screw up. I looked on Ebay and all's I found was connecters with 10 & 20 amp ratings , Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mark

the 10 pin connector? id imagine you could get it on miller4less. look up the manual on miller site and get the part #

Thanks for the reply Cayager. I'm looking to splice into the harness with a male female connecter. I think I remember counting 5 wires, my concern is the amp rating on the connecters. I tried finding one at McMasters & carr with no luck but I'm gonna try it again I sure they would have one, thanks again.

Mark

The gauge of wire determines size and type of connector required.

Quote Originally Posted by kize View Post
    The gauge of wire determines size and type of connector required.
    You are Barking up the WRONG tree...

in this case

This is a 10 pin control connector

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Amps? 20 -30 amp. Are you guys serious, this unit uses less than "1" amp

The amphenol connector shell is a 10 pin 18 series male. There are 2 of the 10 pin inserts for this unit, best to just buy both, even I get confused on the 2

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    You are Barking up the WRONG tree...

in this case

This is a 10 pin control connector
    Barking up a wrong tree ?? I don't get your comment. I DO understand simple ohms law when it concerns wire gauge, connectors and splicing techniques. Whether it is control wire or 0 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by oleblu72 View Post
    I have a Miller Spoolmate 30A on my 251. I was pushing it out of the garage and the harness for the 30A got caught under the front caster wheel. It mashed & broke some of the wires . What I have to do is find a suitable connecter to do fix my screw up. I looked on Ebay and all's I found was connecters with 10 & 20 amp ratings , Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by cayager View Post
    the 10 pin connector? id imagine you could get it on miller4less. look up the manual on miller site and get the part #
    I agree...

If you want just the connector I believe this is the correct one..but doublecheck to be sure
    ..confirm that it is the right one before ordering

190294 [1/PK] CONN,CIRC MS/CPC 10PIN SIZE 18 PLUG PANEL PUSHIN

http://miller4less.com/product_info....ducts_id=38922

if you want the entire control cable with connector this is probably the one

204605 [1/PK] CABLE,CONTROL 30 FT

http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...17&search.y=10

Here is the link to the manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1213ah_mil.pdf

BTW... 30A is the model name it has NOTHING to do with the Amperage rating...
    the Spoolmatic 30A is rated at 200Amps 100% duty cycle..
    Last edited by H80N; 03-09-2014 at 02:21 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Spoolmate 30A

I'm with cruiser. Why bulk it up more than it needs to be. Solder n shrink and done.