Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Airco 250 AC DC heliwelder - arc intensity does not work with the foot pedal

Hi, My Airco 250 AC DC Heliwelder V foot pedal control for arc intensity does not work. The arc is weak with minimum intensity and does not change in any foot pedal range. But if I switch to local control for the arc intensity/power setting then it works depends on where I set it. I actually burn off the tungsten tip on a high power trial.....the remote control/foot pedal for the arc ON/OFF works

Any help/suggestion to resolve this issue (what and where to look and to check) will be greatly appreciate and thanks in advance.

John
    Last edited by John Wei; 03-05-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Check the rheostat within the foot pedal physically and then electrically with an Ohm meter. Then carefully check the cable between the pedal and the welder for breaks. Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.