Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default replacement fuel filters for trailblazer 302

Hello, i was wondering if there are any issues with using any run of the mill replacement inline fuel filters for the trailblazers , or any of the gas engines for that matter. I live in a rural area, ( to put it politely) and getting either the Kohler or Robin subaru 1/4 inch inline filters can be a challenge. From what i have read the subaru calls for a 70 micron filter and the kohler uses a 25 micron fuel filter. Can they be used interchangeably , and can a guy get away with a standard fram or wix inline filter without issues? I was just wondering about performance issues etc.
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask

Quote Originally Posted by sturugged View Post
    Hello, i was wondering if there are any issues with using any run of the mill replacement inline fuel filters for the trailblazers , or any of the gas engines for that matter. I live in a rural area, ( to put it politely) and getting either the Kohler or Robin subaru 1/4 inch inline filters can be a challenge. From what i have read the subaru calls for a 70 micron filter and the kohler uses a 25 micron fuel filter. Can they be used interchangeably , and can a guy get away with a standard fram or wix inline filter without issues? I was just wondering about performance issues etc.
    I put a standard WIX filter on my BobCat a few years ago, no problems so far, it's still on there too. It just needs to filter out any particulates from the fuel, it doesn't neccessarily have to be from the same engine manufacturer. Any good fuel filter that fits inline will work. It's WAY BETTER than no filter at all, for sure.

Just go into Flinyflon to your local Napa, and get yourself a 1/4 inline fuel filter

Default Thanks for the replies

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure no appendages were going to fall off if i got the wrong one!
    I have a welding addiction

...the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask