Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

your contactor and wire frying has probably been caused by that defective unloader valve, as it tried to start loaded. Some time also combined with a defective check-valve at the tank entrance ( also seen parts of the head valve plates stuck in check valve...) Don't tell us it has no fuses or breaker Ha!

HN 80 if you get your hand on a formula to calculate cfm at different psi and psi at different cfm or whatever...I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    HN 80 if you get your hand on a formula to calculate cfm at different psi and psi at different cfm or whatever...I'm interested
    OK... here ya go...

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/co...ume-d_843.html

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fr...ir-d_1190.html
    Last edited by H80N; 02-25-2014 at 08:04 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    your contactor and wire frying has probably been caused by that defective unloader valve, as it tried to start loaded. Some time also combined with a defective check-valve at the tank entrance ( also seen parts of the head valve plates stuck in check valve...) Don't tell us it has no fuses or breaker Ha!
    Well you hit the nail on the head. Lol. Yes its breakered but its over killed like everything else I do.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove

I can see that you guys have your act together but I don't. I shoulda gathered up more information than I have before I start gouging out questions. Lol. I'll pick up a cylinder and some fittings and see if I can round up more info and get back with you guys.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove

Oxy reg won't work, wrong nipple, may not give enough CFH. I did it with nitrogen years ago, used a high pressure Fischer reg that I used.
    How many horse compressor? Should have a centrifugal unloaded. If that is broke, just add a pressure switch with an unloaded on it. If it is 7.5hp or less, just buy a single phase motor and be done with it. Starters are about 50 bucks on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    Oxy reg won't work, wrong nipple, may not give enough CFH. I did it with nitrogen years ago, used a high pressure Fischer reg that I used.
    How many horse compressor? Should have a centrifugal unloaded. If that is broke, just add a pressure switch with an unloaded on it. If it is 7.5hp or less, just buy a single phase motor and be done with it. Starters are about 50 bucks on eBay.
    Breathing air regulators use a "348" CGA nipple

Oxygen regulators use a "540" CGA nipple

http://www.ohiomedical.com/UserFiles...der%20Data.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default ppl)pkojjvp! mamp

Q oow dr
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Why not just use a portaband?Or some .045 slice wheels on a angle grinder they make them for aluminum cutting ive used them work pretty well.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Nitrogen is the correct gas anyways.
    I vote repair the Quincy. Dang good compressors IMO

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX