Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Miller Shopmaster 300 Problem - j96simmons

j96simmons has a problem with his Shopmaster...

but has been unable to post... guess the software got upgraded again and is acting up,,, (BTW... the EMail notification has been inop for a while too)

So he PM'd me and I posted it..

"I have been trying to make a post about a welder problem but for three days it does not work I just get a pop up that a mod need to approve my post but it never gets posted ..... I see you help a lot of people so I sent you this pm.. with the post I have tried to make.

miller shopmaster 300 only maximum weld output in cv

Hi I have a miller shopmaster 300 and in CC the voltage/current settings work just fine from the front panel or from a foot pedal when tig welding but when I switch to CV for my wire feeder it is stuck at max voltage/current no matter what the knob is set at.

I have took the side panels off and looked for anything obvious but all looks good any help you could give me would be great .............. Thanks "
    Last edited by H80N; 02-23-2014 at 05:03 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Thank you H80N

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by j96simmons View Post
    Thank you H80N
    You are welcome...

Could you please post the serial number so that the trained welder techs like Cruizer or Miller Kevin have a baseline to look up the correct schematics and docs..

also if you could go into more detail of your problem...

.. have you downloaded the manual and doublechecked to make sure that all of your settings are correct..??

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
    Last edited by H80N; 02-24-2014 at 08:02 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Bump...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

The serial number is KC286638

I know the settings are correct... If I hook this feeder up to my CC/CV trailblazer it works fine so I know it does not have anything to do with the feeder.

I do have a owners manual and under trouble shooting for "Unit provides only maximum or minimum weld output the remedy is check control board or check Hall Device HD1

But since my welder amp/voltage control works fine in stick or tig "CC" I am hoping it may be something I can fix.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by j96simmons View Post
    The serial number is KC286638

I know the settings are correct... If I hook this feeder up to my CC/CV trailblazer it works fine so I know it does not have anything to do with the feeder.

I do have a owners manual and under trouble shooting for "Unit provides only maximum or minimum weld output the remedy is check control board or check Hall Device HD1

But since my welder amp/voltage control works fine in stick or tig "CC" I am hoping it may be something I can fix.
    Hopefully Cruizer will check in .... with a fix..

looks like it was built in the second half of 1992..

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

[QUOTE=H80N;317892]Hopefully Cruizer will check in .... with a fix..
    QUOTE]

That would be great.

Well its not your hall cause the unit works in CC, It would be my guess that the unit really isn't switching all the way to CV, ie, the little microswitch is bent

Thanks for the reply cruizer I went out and checked the the little micro switches found two one that switches on in all modes AC CC and CV and one that only switches on when in CV mode.

I checked that they were working with a ohm meter and both work fine.
    What would be the next thing to check?

Thanks Jason

What would be the next thing to check?