Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau:318024
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    This thread is worthless without pictures !
    Well then, to make this a worthwhile thread, here are some pictures.
    A little off topic but those are funny. Especially the MSDS.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

You just said pictures, never mentioned what kind they had to be. So now it is a worthwhile thread, according to you, because it now has some pictures to look at, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau:318029
    You just said pictures, never mentioned what kind they had to be. So now it is a worthwhile thread, according to you, because it now has some pictures to look at, LOL
    I suppose it could be reduced to that. Next time I will be more specific!

So, self taught, how bout some pictures of your work? Is it still going well? Do you own a trailer now?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

So, self taught, how bout some pictures of your work? Is it still going well? Do you own a trailer now?
    If you do have some picture of the work you are doing, you might want to post them under welding projects, not here on welding discussion. That way you can title it as you want and give an explanation with the photos.

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    Well then, to make this a worthwhile thread, here are some pictures.
    I like the pictures especially the one about women. An old Dustin Hoffman movie stuck with me Little Big Man where a contrary Indian washes with dirt and drys off with water. My wife gets out of the shower, and dumps powder made with ground rock all over herself! As soon as the newly created mud dries, her skin feels dry so she rubs grease all over herself. You could make a nature show, some guy with a British accent, a 50 year old Land Rover, and huge telephoto lens on a movie camera filming my bathroom, He's rambling on about theories why she's doing these things.

I will be getting my bobcat in about a week.
    I have a couple of questions before I buy.
    Does the welder come with a battery or is this an extra charge?
    Also with the new machines, how much difference is there in the 225 vs the 250?
    I can get the 250 for 3800.
    Anyone know the average price of a 225?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTaught View Post
    You did not want the 14 pin interface connector for spoolguns, foot pedals and suitcase feeders...??....

Trailblazers have that connector... do not believe the Bobcats do..
    Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014 at 01:22 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

I looked into them but for right now I believe the bobcat will better suit my needs. Once the buisness gets off the ground and I start branching out into other fields the trailblazer will be a definite option.
    Right now I am looking at the start up cost. This is why I asked about the 225 vs the 250. I was hoping it would be a great deal cheaper but it looks like there is only a few hundred dollars between them.
    Do u know if they come with a starting battery? Probably not, but I would like to know so I can pick one up.

The battery comes standard. It comes already installed and will have a Miller logo on it, but that doesn't mean you will have to get battery from Miller when it comes due for a replacement, just get one with the required CCA.
    When the shipping crate is opened all that will need to be done is add oil and gas and hit the starter. The oil may already be in it, don't know. Attach a set of leads and you ready to go.
    The difference in the 225 & 250 is output, the 225 has 225 amps AC output, the 250 has 250 amps AC. The 225 has 8000 watts auxiliary power where the 250 has 10,000 watts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    The battery comes standard. It comes already installed and will have a Miller logo on it, but that doesn't mean you will have to get battery from Miller when it comes due for a replacement, just get one with the required CCA.
    When the shipping crate is opened all that will need to be done is add oil and gas and hit the starter. The oil may already be in it, don't know. Attach a set of leads and you ready to go.
    The difference in the 225 & 250 is output, the 225 has 225 amps AC output, the 250 has 250 amps AC. The 225 has 8000 watts auxiliary power where the 250 has 10,000 watts.
    I know the older models had a 2000 watt difference betwen the two but now I think it's only a 500 watt difference. If it's only 500 watts I may go with the 225. That would give me around 350 to to 400 dollars more to put towards the start up of the buisness.
    I was hoping that some one has tried both of the newer models ajd could give some insight on the handling of them. I think the 225 would be able to handle everything I will be doing for a while.........?