Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changing up

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Default Changing up

I still have possession of one of the two welders the Dialarc TIG beast. There may be light at the end of the tunnel. I've got my eye on the Dynasty 280 DX. This is the last TIG I'll ever buy, I want it right.
    Does anyone have any last words of advice on foot pedal choices, I'm sort of ruling out wireless, cost is about $1000 more, and if it's like my garage door remotes, it works some of the time until about ten minutes after warranty expires then dies. Tig runner package is $1300 more, I'm wondering about the old cooler and torch.
    Any advice is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I still have possession of one of the two welders the Dialarc TIG beast. There may be light at the end of the tunnel. I've got my eye on the Dynasty 280 DX. This is the last TIG I'll ever buy, I want it right.
    Does anyone have any last words of advice on foot pedal choices, I'm sort of ruling out wireless, cost is about $1000 more, and if it's like my garage door remotes, it works some of the time until about ten minutes after warranty expires then dies. Tig runner package is $1300 more, I'm wondering about the old cooler and torch.
    Any advice is welcome.
    I broke down and opted for the Tigrunner package when I got my Dynasty 350....
    figured just once I would not have to cobble stuff together... and besides that machine is for shop only..
    the Dyn 200 is the drag around machine with a LS17 aircooled torch/integrated finger control...

the Dyn 280 (55lbs) is just a little larger than the Dyn 200 (48.5 lbs) so plenty portable... you could use the cooler but think you need to get a control as I think your Dialarc pedal is a RFC-23 that will not work with the new machines..

I have not tried the wireless pedal... but like the RFCS-14 that Miller builds..
    although I have heard good things about the SSC pedals

http://www.ssccontrols.com/homepage-...ngcontrols.htm

On torches... I would go for a new one with superflex rubber hoses..... even though they look pretty much the same as the old ones... the new ones have been redesigned for better cooling on the water cooled versions.... both Weldcraft/Miller and CK....... they have also renamed the model numbers which makes choice more confusing..
    Last edited by H80N; 03-15-2014 at 06:33 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Changing up

got the wireless remote pedal with my dynasty 200dx and never failed once!

it is a must for me...less cables the better!!

love it!

cheers

I got a wireless foot pedal too for my 200dx. Works great, haven't noticed any timing lag. Very happy with it. Ja

Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

The complete water cooled package looks pretty good but not cheap...

Have to think though.....how much money would you really save by cobbling together old cooler etc.. when you could pick up the package and be ready to rock and roll right out of the box.... earning money welding the same day..??

Dynasty 280: Complete Pkg w/Foot Control (Water Cooled) 951466 $7542.00

Comes Complete With:
    Dynasty 280 power source with CPS
    8 ft (2.4 m) primary cord
    Quick reference guide (English)
    Coolmate™ 1.3
    Coolant (4 one-gallon bottles of #043 810)
    Small runner cart
    Remote foot control (#194 744)
    Weldcraft® W-280 (WP-280) torch kit (#300 990)

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..