Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Maybe Cruizer could volunteer some tuneup tips to keep Dynasty 300 machines happy.... which boards to reseat, heatsinks, connectors to check/tighten etc....

he has given tuneup suggestions on the Dyn 200 in the past....

Yours sounds like it has given good service over many years....

hopefully there are some tips to keep it going for a long time more...
    I've been studying everything I can find about the Dynasty machines. I know, I ridicule my best friend who buys many thousands of dollars of ski equipment convinced the next purchase will make him ski as well as me on my used equipment. I'm a hypocrite, I know it! I NEED a Dynasty. I'm worried a 200DX might not be enough, so I am leaning toward a 280DX. Then I check prices on a 350. Surprisingly, The 350 isn't much more cost than the 280! It seems to have more adjustments, more duty cycle, more power. Is it only more heavy than the 280?

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I've been studying everything I can find about the Dynasty machines. I know, I ridicule my best friend who buys many thousands of dollars of ski equipment convinced the next purchase will make him ski as well as me on my used equipment. I'm a hypocrite, I know it! I NEED a Dynasty. I'm worried a 200DX might not be enough, so I am leaning toward a 280DX. Then I check prices on a 350. Surprisingly, The 350 isn't much more cost than the 280! It seems to have more adjustments, more duty cycle, more power. Is it only more heavy than the 280?
    I will admit to being prejudiced...
    BUT... if I could keep only one welder it would be my Dynasty 350 Tigrunner...

the Dyn 350 Tigrunner has been a shop only machine..(268lbs)

the Dyn 200DX gets dragged around..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    The welders themselves are pretty portable... it is when you add the water cooler, cart and argon tank... they get awkward...

You may want to take a closer look at the weights of just the bare power supply..... it may give you a different perspective on portability..

here they are:

Dynasty 350DX 135lbs

Dynasty 300DX 110lbs

Dynasty 280DX 55lbs

Dynasty 200DX 48.5lbs

The current model in the top slot for portability is the Dynasty 280DX...

if that is more than you want to pay...

why not the Dynasty 200DX??... they are much more capable than the 200 amp rating suggests.. especially if you go to a Helium mix to gain more effective heat..

Somewhere here there is a thread where Shovelon welds 1/2 inch Aluminum plate with a Dynasty 200 from a few years back..
    Last edited by H80N; 03-06-2014 at 05:18 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

We had a busy day in the shop today, one machine was air arcing, I was welding with the miller matic vintage and I needed a third welder for my other guy.

I have 8 welding machines and still came up short, time to by another mig.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    We had a busy day in the shop today, one machine was air arcing, I was welding with the miller matic vintage and I needed a third welder for my other guy.

I have 8 welding machines and still came up short, time to by another mig.
    MM350P..??

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/DC12-51.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Not a big poster, but must defend the 300!!

I have friends who have the 300 who never had and issue and I love my 300 and have never had an issue.

The weights tell the story, in my opinion. The 300 is closer to 330 in output - my SWAG, but when I weld thick, for me at .5 to .625 alum and have used my syncrowave 300 (40 yr old machine), the Dynasty 300DX and a syncrowave 350LX, they all weld the preheated material nicely Although the Syncrowave 300 has more pedal avail, far beyond its rated 300 amps.

It would be a hard decision if I could only keep one. Although the wife is badgering me lately, something about installing a floor....err

The 300 dynasty is a fine machine and with performance that appears beyond its rating, seems to be the deal.

It's been a few years since I have been on this fine forum, I have also had a Dynasty 300 with all the bells and knock on wood I haven't had a lick of problem with it, It sure was a nice upgrade from my sync 250's. I don't disagree that the 350 version has some nice upgrades but for me it wasn't worth making the switch Yet!

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

It's too soon to tell about life expectancy of the Dynasty 280 DX, about the performance I can say it's the best machine I'm aware of. I am curious about amplitude adjustment as in the 350 DX. What does that do?