Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EDL View Post
    Would you buy an unused Dynasty 300 (newest model) for $5000 cooler and cart included or pay the difference and get the new Dynasty 350?
    I Did Buy The DYNASTY 350DX Tigrunner....

NO Regrets...

Dyn 300 is an old machine, old design with known service issues and NO Warrantee...

The Dyn 350 is more highlty developed with more features.. Excellent reliability history..

AND 3 year Warrantee...

Miller inverters have evolved a lot as a continual process of improvement.. with the jump from Dyn 300 to Dyn 350 being a huge leap...

BTW... have seen several Dyn 350DX Tigrunners come up used in the $4600 range..

Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014 at 08:54 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

H80N,

Got any leads or links to where one of those used Dynasty 350DX's can be had in the $4600 range? All I've got to work with right now for a TIG machine is a Syncrowave 250 and I've been wanting a upgrade to a Dynasty for some time now.
    Will Argue for Beer (any issue, either side)

Quote Originally Posted by 4956 View Post
    H80N,

Got any leads or links to where one of those used Dynasty 350DX's can be had in the $4600 range? All I've got to work with right now for a TIG machine is a Syncrowave 250 and I've been wanting a upgrade to a Dynasty for some time now.
    Keep your eyes on C/L, Pennysaver, Classifieds & Fleabay...
    Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014 at 10:08 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Thumbs up

Here is some info on why the Dynasty 350 is so highly regarded..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Here are a few more neat videos that illustrate some of the advantages and setup of the Dynasty 350... Aluminum Engine Block Welding...
    these are with Chris Razor of Hi-Tech Welding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUr2h...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aqMknf_0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh5n9...feature=relmfu
    Asthetics of welding with a Dynasty 350..

There are some guys that have brought sheet metal manifolds to an artform..

John Marcella is one of them... his work is just beautiful..

Here are some videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPgsXwgQkQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6BVMANvW0

Here is the link to his website... lots of pics

http://marcellamanifolds.net/images/Images.html

..)
    You might note in his videos... John Marcella uses a 24 series torch on his Dynasty 350 to get into the tight places..
    Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014 at 10:17 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Sorry H80N, I didn't watch any of the videos but I cant believe there's any thing better than my Dynasty 300, You guys are acting like its an antique when its leaps and bounds better than a Synchrowave.

I'm also surprised that Cruizer acts like its a 25 year old machine when I just bought it new a couple years ago.
    ( Okay maybe 7 or so years but I have never had a problem with mine)

I hope Cruiser is slightly exaggerating on not being able to get parts because 7 years old is still a new machine when I hear Pipe line guys talking about the Lincolns from the 70's still being a valuable machine.

I had to go into a Ford plant this morning to weld on a Stainless steel leak test chamber, Where they use Helium to check plastic gas tanks for leaks.
    Guess what they had ( A Synchrowave 350 )

I However used my Miller STL150 to weld it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    Sorry H80N, I didn't watch any of the videos but I cant believe there's any thing better than my Dynasty 300, You guys are acting like its an antique when its leaps and bounds better than a Synchrowave.

I'm also surprised that Cruizer acts like its a 25 year old machine when I just bought it new a couple years ago.
    ( Okay maybe 7 or so years but I have never had a problem with mine)

I hope Cruiser is slightly exaggerating on not being able to get parts because 7 years old is still a new machine when I hear Pipe line guys talking about the Lincolns from the 70's still being a valuable machine.

I had to go into a Ford plant this morning to weld on a Stainless steel leak test chamber, Where they use Helium to check plastic gas tanks for leaks.
    Guess what they had ( A Synchrowave 350 )

I However used my Miller STL150 to weld it up.
    Was not saying it was a terrible machine...I have used them and they weld nice... but I would tend to believe Cruizer if he says they have service issues... I hope yours runs forever and you never have to find out about parts availability....

Watch the videos..you will like em.. and.. the multiple waveform selection is a great addition..

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Once you have tried one....

The Dynasty Lust tends to grow and fester until you break down and get your own....

They have different weld characteristics....

The Sync is head and shoulders above a sinwave machine like a Dialarc or 330...

and the Dynasty is Hans Solo's "Milenium Falcon" compared to the Syncrowave as "55 Chevy"...

The Sync is a great machine... but bet you will start to save for a Dyn in short order...

"Light Speed Chewey....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Thank you! I've been analyzing the options. My Dialarc is a fine machine, and if I weren't aware of the Dynasty, I'd be OK with it. A naked Dynasty isn't so very expensive, but what would I do with a naked Dynasty. I'll hold out!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    Thank you! I've been analyzing the options. My Dialarc is a fine machine, and if I weren't aware of the Dynasty, I'd be OK with it. A naked Dynasty isn't so very expensive, but what would I do with a naked Dynasty. I'll hold out!
    Food for thought....

you could always pick up a Weldcraft Legacy LS17 air cooled torch with the built in hand control..for about $250.... then your Dyn 200DX will no longer be Nekkid...
    Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014 at 04:01 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

H80N, Unfortunately I tend to believe Cruizer so I started checking prices for a new one and for what mine is worth.

I was surprised when I went to Ebay to only find 1 Dynasty 300DX for sale.

Looks like no one wants to get rid of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    H80N, Unfortunately I tend to believe Cruizer so I started checking prices for a new one and for what mine is worth.

I was surprised when I went to Ebay to only find 1 Dynasty 300DX for sale.

Looks like no one wants to get rid of theirs.
    Maybe Cruizer could volunteer some tuneup tips to keep Dynasty 300 machines happy.... which boards to reseat, heatsinks, connectors to check/tighten etc....

he has given tuneup suggestions on the Dyn 200 in the past....

Yours sounds like it has given good service over many years....

hopefully there are some tips to keep it going for a long time more...
    Last edited by H80N; 03-02-2014 at 08:03 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200