Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Miller Dynasty 300DX

Hi,

I am looking for a Miller Dynasty 300DX (the last model produced)?
    Needs to be in very good condition.
    Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
    Erik

unless you find one in extremely good condition, like new. I'd be picking a different model

Default Dynasty 300DX

Hi,
    I was looking for a Dynasty 300DX because they are more portable than the 350's.
    I thought they were very reliable and good. I am not sure if there is a 350DX that is as portable as the 300? I have a 200DX and a 300Dx (older model with dials).
    Both are good but the 300DX does not have a pulse or some other settings.
    This is why I am looking to upgrade.
    You mentioned to only purchase one that is in very good shape; is that because they are expensive to fix or not reliable once they have been pushed hard?
    Thanks,
    Erik

The welders themselves are pretty portable... it is when you add the water cooler, cart and argon tank... they get awkward...

You may want to take a closer look at the weights of just the bare power supply..... it may give you a different perspective on portability..

here they are:

Dynasty 350DX 135lbs

Dynasty 300DX 110lbs

Dynasty 280DX 55lbs

Dynasty 200DX 48.5lbs

The current model in the top slot for portability is the Dynasty 280DX...

if that is more than you want to pay...

why not the Dynasty 200DX??... they are much more capable than the 200 amp rating suggests.. especially if you go to a Helium mix to gain more effective heat..

Somewhere here there is a thread where Shovelon welds 1/2 inch Aluminum plate with a Dynasty 200 from a few years back..

BTW... there is a Syncrowave 350... not very portable @ 695 lbs
    Last edited by H80N; 03-01-2014 at 06:33 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Well the 300DX is an OLD machine, parts if you can actually get them are Huge$$. I don't know how many I've sent to the bone yard, but is is MANY. That is why I said find a different machine. I would NEVER consider buying one. They are pure headache to work on.

What do you think of the new Dynasty 350's?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EDL View Post
    What do you think of the new Dynasty 350's?
    NEW.....??? not new... have had mine since 2008... and it is a FABULOUS Machine...!!!

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    The welders themselves are pretty portable... it is when you add the water cooler, cart and argon tank... they get awkward...

You may want to take a closer look at the weights of just the bare power supply..... it may give you a different perspective on portability..

here they are:

Dynasty 350DX 135lbs

Dynasty 300DX 110lbs

Dynasty 280DX 55lbs

Dynasty 200DX 48.5lbs

The current model in the top slot for portability is the Dynasty 280DX...

if that is more than you want to pay...

why not the Dynasty 200DX??... they are much more capable than the 200 amp rating suggests.. especially if you go to a Helium mix to gain more effective heat..

Somewhere here there is a thread where Shovelon welds 1/2 inch Aluminum plate with a Dynasty 200 from a few years back..

BTW... there is a Syncrowave 350... not very portable @ 695 lbs
    You mention a Syncrowave 350 I can live with weight, and bulk. A very nice Syncrowave with bells and whistles can be had for $2500. A Dynasty 280 is $6000. Would I be happy with the performance, or still lust after the Dynasty? The power hungry nature of the Syncrowave is a deterent, but in my case not a deal breaker.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    You mention a Syncrowave 350 I can live with weight, and bulk. A very nice Syncrowave with bells and whistles can be had for $2500. A Dynasty 280 is $6000. Would I be happy with the performance, or still lust after the Dynasty? The power hungry nature of the Syncrowave is a deterent, but in my case not a deal breaker.
    Once you have tried one....

The Dynasty Lust tends to grow and fester until you break down and get your own....

They have different weld characteristics....

The Sync is head and shoulders above a sinwave machine like a Dialarc or 330...

and the Dynasty is Hans Solo's "Milenium Falcon" compared to the Syncrowave as "55 Chevy"...

The Sync is a great machine... but bet you will start to save for a Dyn in short order...

"Light Speed Chewey....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Would you buy an unused Dynasty 300 (newest model) for $5000 cooler and cart included or pay the difference and get the new Dynasty 350?