Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bobcat 225 nt

Hybrid View

Default bobcat 225 nt

Hi guys, I found a miller bobcat 225 nt that a guy is selling for $1695; even tho he says he's looking for a reasonable offer! He says it have lows hrs, under 1000hrs. When I talk to him earlier after a 2 weeks of calling an leaving messages he had just dropped it off to get serviced an everything. He's selling just the unit it's self with no leads or extra stuff! Its fairly clean form the posting; he's had it up for awhile so hopefully its a good unit! ****ty part is he's almost 3hrs away so I rather go look at it an test it out an buy if its real good! So now I am waiting for him to get it back after its serviced! but what do u guys think a reasonable offer for it? Thanks

$1500 it'll cost you a couple hundred plus for leads, lugs, ground clamp, and stinger...

Thanks, I just talked to him earlier an he say it be a week or 2 till he gets it back. What are some good connectors to buy? Don't want to pay arm an leg, but want good equipment! I was thing of doing 10-15ft lead with stinger an ground,with 2 50ft extensions! Would 3/0 be good? I don't plan on being over 100ft since I work on mostly agriculture equipment an some heavy equipment!

How old is machine ? Get serial number for year built. http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

A new BOBCAT is $3425.00 from many suppliers and it is in the CURRENT REBATE PROGRAM. This is my local supplier .
    http://www.weldersupply.com/P/421/Mi...at225EngineDri
    I know its double the money but you'll have a warranty too. Depends on how much you'll be using it.
    In my area BOBCATS with 500 hours are around $2000.00 with leads. Have you been monitoring prices in your area ? Location and timing makes a difference. My 302 TRAILBLAZER with 100' leads ,stinger, ground, still under warranty, and less then 200 hours was $2200.00. Bought it hours after guy listed it for $2500.00. Went there with CASH .
    I would look for a complete package and less hours. If you are in a hurry and there aren't many for sale by you then it's a different story. They are awesome machines.

A couple of things to keep in mind about those recommended welding cable size charts......

1.- They're based on a 100% duty cycle. Which in my experience is rarely encountered by a rig welder out in the field making repairs.

2.- They're put out by people who usually have a financial interest in selling you the most amount of cable they can.
    Will Argue for Beer (any issue, either side)

I'd go with 1 or 2...Miller specs call for either under 100' at 200-250 amps. I'll try to post pic of recommendations. And your lengths would be fine for your application. I personally like the twist lock connections.

I prolly go with the 2/0 then, would it matter if I used a 3/0-4/0 coupling an folded the wire? Reuse in future if I go longer leads! I fold a site that seems good on price(wireandcabletogo.com),for 2/0 wire in length of 2 50ft an a 24ft that I will cut in half for main leads is $372 with no shipping! At local store its $5 a foot!

Chart from Miller
    Attached Images Attached Images

The chart I posted is out of Millers safety manual/ guide.... I too looked at other sites for cable where they pushed larger cables for lower amp ratings that didn't make sense...

Thanks guys, for the year I have to wait till he gets it back for serial number, for jobs in the field I have a few that I do, but turn down most because I don't have the welder to do that size job, I manage with my 140 mig or stick an a regular generator, just a pain to load the welders on an off the truck! For other gen /welders there around but either to small or way to big or just don't work! I plan on having cash(cash in hand is best an help with getting a deal). I am welding metal from thin sheet metal to 3/4inch sometimes 1inch. I am using 6010,6013,7014,7018 all in 1/8, bought most of it at a auction in the tent they have with tools an extra stuff! Like to get gen/welder as cheap as possible so I have extra to get leads an maybe a suitcase for when I am welding in the barns or inclosed areas! What u guys say for a bottom dollar price(cash), have around 1000hrs, being services so should be working 110%!