Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TIG Handbook??

Question TIG Handbook??

I have been pointing newbies to the Miller TIG Handbook PDF in the Resources /Improve your Skills section.... for many many years... it is an excellent basic TIG reference..

Now it seems to be MIA

Has it been taken down or just moved??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

We've got the Miller team looking into it right now! Thanks!

You're correct, the resource has been taken down. We have worked with our training department to provide a new, comprehensive TIG resource - https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/. Although it is no longer free, it contains more detail than the handbook about TIG welding. As always, you can find a variety of other free resources for improving your skills on our resource page - http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/ We apologize for the inconvenience.

And greed will set you free .......... of customers. :-)

Glad I downloaded the free version, next they will charge for there welding app

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Welders View Post
    You're correct, the resource has been taken down. We have worked with our training department to provide a new, comprehensive TIG resource - https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/tools/. Although it is no longer free, it contains more detail than the handbook about TIG welding. As always, you can find a variety of other free resources for improving your skills on our resource page - http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/ We apologize for the inconvenience.
    I do hope that Miller reconsiders that decision to take down and replace it with a for sale item.... the Miller TIG Handbook has helped to educate and inform countless thousands of TIG welders and Developed a strong loyal user base that equate and identify Miller with the very best TIG equipment available...

IMHO It would seem shortsighted to trade lifetime brand identification and loyalty for short term small profit

whatever revenue is given up by posting these "Free" resources.. is repaid many times over in the long term...

as in the past a printed hardcopy should be available for purchase..

Please Repost the PDF of the Miller TIG Handbook..

My 2cents worth..
    Last edited by H80N; 07-02-2013 at 09:19 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Occupy Appleton!!
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Default TIG Handbook??

Could someone post the handbook as an attachment in this forum if possible or if not, at another location?

Whoa! 50 bucks. I think not.
    Trailblazer 302
    Lincoln SP-135-T
    Hobart Stickmate AC/DC
    Smith torch
    Spoolmatic 30A

Quote Originally Posted by dkennett View Post
    Could someone post the handbook as an attachment in this forum if possible or if not, at another location?
    I am hoping that Miller management sees this as a misstep and posts the handbook back up as it had so usefully been for all these years..

If I understand the priorities here…

“Training Materials” are intended to help create a better informed and skilled user base, create user awareness of the Miller line of welders and their virtues..
    And in doing so Sell Welders….

The TIG Handbook was taken down and replaced with a 29.00 Dollar, 66 page color illustrated spiral bound “Gas Tungsten Arc Welding - Welding Publication”, While probably very cool, may have already severely limited it’s available audience just by virtue of the price point and distribution method

Is the goal to sell books or is it promote the attributes of Miller TIG equipment in a constructive manner and educate a loyal user base ..??

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200