Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

"You think Miller and Weldfabulous didn't know this?"

Noooo, I KNOW that WE didn't know this. If you honestly thought this wasn't something that should have been mentioned RIGHT AT THE START, then maybe you really ARE too dumb to own a welder.

Outa here...

Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
    "You think Miller and Weldfabulous didn't know this?"

Noooo, I KNOW that WE didn't know this. If you honestly thought this wasn't something that should have been mentioned RIGHT AT THE START, then maybe you really ARE too dumb to own a welder.

Outa here...
    You obviously didn't read what I wrote, and I don't know why you're making a federal case out of it. I'm "too dumb to own a welder" because I didn't mention something everyone until now has told me wasn't a problem. Makes perfect sense! What's dumb is calling a brand new welder stupid, you really should check your ego at the door next time.

No, what's dumb is expecting people on a totally different forum to be psychic enough to know what you've mentioned somewhere ELSE.

Somehow I doubt that you'd order a car, and find that one of its doors was falling off when it arrived, and NOT wonder if MAYBE, just MAYBE, there might be SOMETHING ELSE that was wrong with it.

Had you mentioned any of those details when asking for help HERE, I'd bet that MOST of the advise given by people trying to help would be DIFFERENT.

Mainly, I got a little testy that you expected help while withholding what MOST people would consider VITAL information.

Also, I never used the word "stupid" - in the english language, "dumb" and "ignorant" infer a lack of knowledge - "stupid" infers knowing better, but doing it anyway.

Regardless of any irritation caused, I hope you get your welder straightened out - in my opinion, that would START with demanding a NEW one... Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
    No, what's dumb is expecting people on a totally different forum to be psychic enough to know what you've mentioned somewhere ELSE.

Somehow I doubt that you'd order a car, and find that one of its doors was falling off when it arrived, and NOT wonder if MAYBE, just MAYBE, there might be SOMETHING ELSE that was wrong with it.

Had you mentioned any of those details when asking for help HERE, I'd bet that MOST of the advise given by people trying to help would be DIFFERENT.

Mainly, I got a little testy that you expected help while withholding what MOST people would consider VITAL information.

Also, I never used the word "stupid" - in the english language, "dumb" and "ignorant" infer a lack of knowledge - "stupid" infers knowing better, but doing it anyway.

Regardless of any irritation caused, I hope you get your welder straightened out - in my opinion, that would START with demanding a NEW one... Steve
    Well one thing is for sure, I'm not dumb enough to think you meant something innocent by saying "perhaps you are too dumb to own a welder". And perhaps this piece of information was "vital", but in all honesty you're taking yourself way too seriously by chewing me out. I don't know if you think it is your duty to make sure I get ridiculed, but I'd think as an intelligent individual you wouldn't feel it necessary to do so.

A door falling off of a car is a bit different than a plastic hinge breaking off of a power tool. Just saying...

Thank you for your good wishes regarding my welder exchange, hopefully this sorts it all out.

What's all the fuss ? A member is having issues with a machine. So ?
    Everybody tries to contribute something that could help. The bottom line is HE can't get the machine to run correctly.
    However , there maybe others that may have the same issues but never asked. All that mentioned possible solutions may have solved someones else concerns. A simple thing like upgrading a ground clamp may have giving someone
    something else to try ; then when he went to replace it found the existing one had a loose screw.
    Anyway, I hope you get the replacement quickly and you keep us posted on the outcome. Good luck .

Default Brand New Millermatic 211 Fouling Up

For what it's worth, I bought the same 211 welder. The first one came with the door hinges broken. I call and they offered to send me hinges. I refused and they sent another welder. The next one came and it also had the door damaged so bad I couldn't open it. Closer inspection showed the whole frame was bent. They suggested I stand on it to bend it back out. Needless to say I sent it back. They said they couldn't send another since the FedX in my area couldn't deliver without damage. They were good and gave my money back. I ended up buying from a local LWS where I could check it out. It was a little more expensive but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by labmaster02 View Post
    For what it's worth, I bought the same 211 welder. The first one came with the door hinges broken. I call and they offered to send me hinges. I refused and they sent another welder. The next one came and it also had the door damaged so bad I couldn't open it. Closer inspection showed the whole frame was bent. They suggested I stand on it to bend it back out. Needless to say I sent it back. They said they couldn't send another since the FedX in my area couldn't deliver without damage. They were good and gave my money back. I ended up buying from a local LWS where I could check it out. It was a little more expensive but worth it.
    Wtf is that??

Can't ship without damaging? These welders are not bowling balls but they are not crystal vases either...

Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by labmaster02 View Post
    Wtf is that??

Can't ship without damaging? These welders are not bowling balls but they are not crystal vases either...
    Seriously, I would be real upset if fedex couldn't make it work. Glad mine showed up with out a hitch.

Any update on the replacement machine?

Wow just read the whole thread lol