Quote Originally Posted by kestrel452 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
Wow, that was incredibly useless (the "manual", that is)

The good news is, they got the math (apparently) right - 8kw @ 240 volts works out to 33 amps (33.33333 actually) - other than that, not much info. NO mention of running electronics to speak of, but so far I'm thinking it's either the welder or you, probably NOT the genny.

I'd still wait til you get the verdict from the seller - if THEY can make it work, be sure that YOU can make it work at their facility. If THEY can, but YOU can't, I would ask about local classes and consider it a "new life challenge" :=) - then, once you get the hang of it, you may find that your genny "magically healed itself" - but all of this is a moot point til you know the welder is/is not OK.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment, it's too crappy a weather out for me to wanna bail just yet :=) Steve
Thanks for checking that out. Honestly don't know what to say about the generator. Unless the air filter is so dirty that it's bogging something down, I'm not sure what it could be.

Unless I'm so terrible at welding that I'd force the machine the shut itself down like this every time, I doubt it's "me" causing the problem. It also seems to operate okay at low thickness settings (gauge metals). I'm not totally ignorant on how to operate a welder, and using the wrong settings should result in poor welds, not machine malfunction.

Tomorrow's return trip to the shop will hopefully bring new revelations.
Is the generator bogging down when you are welding?

Sounds like it from what you said above...

Also I know that I did short the contact tip on my M-25 gun on the 252 and the welder did NOT like that. I can't imagine what would have happened if running off a genny.
Anyways let us know.