Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You guys argue. Meanwhile, me and J.W. Jarboe are going to make money with our Lincwelders. Them fancy Idealarcs have fans and other junk I don't need.

Lincwelder ac-180-c 1952 ad.jpg

P.S. I have what I think is serial # 2 of the Dialarc, made in 1974, HD726781. The serial # is one higher than the starting serial number of the oldest manual I can find, and Miller says 1974 is the start year.
    Last edited by USMCPOP; 02-08-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    You guys argue. Meanwhile, me and J.W. Jarboe are going to make money with our Lincwelders. Them fancy Idealarcs have fans and other junk I don't need.

Lincwelder ac-180-c 1952 ad.jpg
    POP
    Didn't J.W. Jarboe ... pass away in 1959??... how do you get him to keep on working??
    Must be strong magic...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    POP
    Didn't J.W. Jarboe ... pass away in 1959??... how do you get him to keep on working??
    Must be strong magic...
    There are a lot of Jarboes out in that area of Kansas. I think he did a lot more on cold winter nights than welding.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)

There are a lot of Jarboes out in that area of Kansas. I think he did a lot more on cold winter nights than welding.
    LOTS MORE than I was cleared to know....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

P.S. I have what I think is serial # 2 of the Dialarc, made in 1974, HD726781. The serial # is one higher than the starting serial number of the oldest manual I can find, and Miller says 1974 is the start year.
    Next you are gonna claim that it was used at the factory to weld up the starter cranks on AMC Pacers... just to make us think it is REALLY valuable...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

This machine has been setting in a metal building I know for 10 yrs just setting. I work for the school district here in a maintaince crew. I went and asked the head ag teacher if I could see if it worked and use it in the shop. He told me yes.
    I pulled it apart blew it out and oiled the gears put a number 6 cord on it and the fan came on when I hit the switch so I went pulled some leads of another welder I burned a couple of rods everything went good now to put it to work.
    I only had a little ac machine so was kind of limited on which rods to use but I guess not any more.
    Some day I would like to have a electric welder I have a bobcat 225 so I would like to stay blue is the reason I asked.
    Last edited by Kpack; 02-08-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Kpack... We have a Dialarc 250 and a Syncrowave 250. Just had to have an old round top Idealarc 250 to even out the stable. The fan is probably the most unreliable part in there just because fans are what they are and the lube gets a bit sticky. Aside from that, all you have to worry about is grinder dust, dust bunnies, mud dauber wasps, floods, tornadoes and the like.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)

Can you tell by serial number what yr it is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    Can you tell by serial number what yr it is ?
    Yes see below. Page 3 I think under the "Transformer" column.

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us...of_machine.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    ?????? the OP Never said anything about a Dialarc
    What did miller make like it in that time frame or even now.
    No, you are correct he never said Dialarc, but he asked what did Miller make like it. That's why I said the Dialarc and Idealarc would be the most comparable machines of these older transformer types.