Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Idalarc 250 ac dc welder

I just got this old welder at work I've read they were pretty good welders . What did miller make like it in that time frame or even now. Sorry about misspelling idealarc but I can't edit the title.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kpack; 02-08-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    I just got this old welder at work I've read they were pretty good welders . What did miller make like it in that time frame or even now. Sorry about misspelling idealarc but I can't edit the title.
    Here is the manual for your Lincoln IDEALARC 250 code 6933

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/asset...oln3/im206.pdf

it would be about on par with a Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC

Last edited by H80N; 02-08-2014 at 10:04 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Actually, the Dialarc 250 would be more similar to the Idealarc. The Thunderbolt is more like the basic AC or AC/DC 225.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    Actually, the Dialarc 250 would be more similar to the Idealarc. The Thunderbolt is more like the basic AC or AC/DC 225.
    What Dialarc...?? where??

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Miller made the 250 Twin and the 250 AC/DC, both with the moveable shunt crank handle on the front. These predated the Dialarc, which is a magnetic amplifier type.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974 vintage)
    Syncrowave 250
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    Miller made the 250 Twin and the 250 AC/DC, both with the moveable shunt crank handle on the front. These predated the Dialarc, which is a magnetic amplifier type.
    You are right Pop.... do not know where he got Dialarc out of Idealarc...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Those crank-handle welders are obsolete. I prefer electric start any day.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974 vintage)
    Syncrowave 250
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

USMCPOP
    Those crank-handle welders are obsolete. I prefer electric start any day.

Yeah right, when they misfire they can kik you badly...

Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    A Miller Dialarc would be the Lincoln Idealarc equivalent. Your Lincoln is a 1971 year model. Many parts still available. Very reliable welders. If you need any info or help with anything let me know.

dialarc.jpg

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Can You Weld This For Me? View Post
    A Miller Dialarc would be the Lincoln Idealarc equivalent. Your Lincoln is a 1971 year model. Many parts still available. Very reliable welders. If you need any info or help with anything let me know.

dialarc.jpg
    ?????? the OP Never said anything about a Dialarc...??...
    Lincoln has used the "Idealarc" tag on a huge range of machines over the years....
    So Idealarc is pretty much a generic term .

I think Pop pretty much nailed it....

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPOP View Post
    If there is any more confusion... take a look at the manual for model #6933..

the link is posted earlier in the thread..
    Last edited by H80N; 02-08-2014 at 04:38 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200