Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller 304xmt No display arc or anything?

I bought a used miller 304 pretty much condition unknown didn't pay a lot for it but It was complete and in pretty fair condition for being an industrial machine. Got it home put a plug end on it and it does nothing at all I tried the breaker reset in the back with no affect was wondering if someone would have some imput on it. THanks
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

Serial# maybe, now if its dead, dead, perhaps the start switch is gone, you don't have it wired properly, or there is catastrophic damage inside, or its a 460/575 machine.

just cause its pretty on the outside doesn't mean there may be a sand bag on the inside

The person before me had cut back the wrong wire for single phase operation and had the white, ground , and red sticking out. I took it to a local shop and they found it immediately and it only cost me breakfast for the guys.
    Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

So it works?

Well, at least it was one of the easier of my 4 solutions. Good Stuff!

Yep the machine works the guys at the shop check out the board and did all the voltage tests to it I haven't had a chance to get it out and use it yet though. I was working on a glass canopy yesterday and was going to pull it out but I was on a time crunch and didn't want to have to try and dial it in being 300 feet from my rig.

Which Vantage kubota do you have, just a note to turn your little airbleed dial fully closed on the injection pump

It is a 2010 code K2409-3

I will have to look at the bleeding system to be honest I don't even have enough hours on it yet to change out my filter. I just crossed the 200 hour mark on it I got it about a year ago with 160 hours on it. I have just recently had a chance to start using it since my main job has started to slow down abit so it has gone back to subbing work.