Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default spectrum 2050 problems

Hey how's it going I'm having a problem with my plasma cutter. From the moment it's plugged in the overheating light is on. I would really love to fix this problem and not have to buy a new plasma. I have had this machine for as long as I can remember. Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I've been procrastinating on just trying to just blow it out because I don't know if that will have any affect. Please let me know if I'm wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by BELLBOYMOTORSPORTS View Post
    Hey how's it going I'm having a problem with my plasma cutter. From the moment it's plugged in the overheating light is on. I would really love to fix this problem and not have to buy a new plasma. I have had this machine for as long as I can remember. Any tips on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I've been procrastinating on just trying to just blow it out because I don't know if that will have any affect. Please let me know if I'm wrong about that.
    Seldom if ever a thermal problem, its more likely that your plasma torch trigger or saftey wires are shorted to the internal current carrying conduit. Might want to get a meter and check them out

Default spectrum 2050 problems

Ok, how would I go about checking the terminals I am not to familiar with the inner workings of a plasma so I'm not really sure what readings I would be looking for on the meter or if this is a easily fixable problem. Thanks cruizer