Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Some CraigsList Ads

I spend some time each week shopping for good deals on welding gear. Much of my time is spent on Craigslist. Last year I started collecting my favorite ads. Here are some lines from a few of them:

This is a good welder I donít know anything about it

If you call and a man answers say you are calling about the baby stuff donít mention the welder

I need to sell this welder to get my brother out of jail

Was $550 new, will sell it for $1500 obo

I donít know how it got here but I need to get it out of my garage

Will consider a trade for a pick-up NO FORDS

I think it was made in China as the instructions are in French

Linkin welder almost new

Bring someone to help you load it. It weighs a million pounds

This is a great arch welder

There is no place to plug it in because they shut off my electrical

I canít weld worth a **** so Iím selling it

Haha those are great. Never ceases to amaze me what is posted on craigslist sometimes.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

"If you call and a man answers say you are calling about the baby stuff don’t mention the welder"

"There is no place to plug it in because they shut off my electrical"

Thats just funny
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Default If only I new :)

Heres one thats current which was good enough for a chuckle -

brand knew welder - $1500
    I have a miller 140v millamatic welder with auto darken snap on helmet paid 600 for the helmet I have all the lens everything works perfect and comes with gas bottle and its full. I.paid over thousand for.my welded I have all the paper work on it.and warranty looking for 1600 no trades or bull**** thanks

Those are some good ones. My favorite for an old, small engine drive welder:

"Great welding but ugly. missing doors and dented. Electronic ignition. Try before you buy. I can show you what I weld with this. My wife is making me get rid of everything ugly, soon I will be gone."
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974 vintage)
    Syncrowave 250
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Here is some stuff from a local ad that I saw today. Keep in mind the picture has a 130xp...

Next up is a Miller millermatic wire feed welder. this unit runs 110 or 220 also has a miller spool gun for aluminum welding. 2 shop tanks and a heavy duty cart to hold it all. I have over 5000.00 in the set up. I wont sell separate its for sale as a complete welding unit. Im asking 2500.00
    I have a lot of tools from miter saws to nail guns. if there's something your looking for let me know, I probably have one or two. I will take off 400.00 from the welder or torch set without the tanks as I can sell them back to phoenix welding for 200 a piece.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...