Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: miller scp-200c

Default miller scp-200c

Hey guys some 1 just gave me this welder and I don't know that much about It so I'm hopeing 1 of all u guys will here's a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DPSwelder View Post
    Hey guys some 1 just gave me this welder and I don't know that much about It so I'm hopeing 1 of all u guys will here's a few pics
    Gave it to you??

You made out like a bandit...

if that suitcase feeder came with it..

you have a complete BULLETPROOF... single phase MIG setup..

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o201f_mil.pdf

270 Amps @ 35% Duty Cycle...

should be able to strap the input for 230vac single phase..

(wants a 50Amp breaker for full output)
    Last edited by H80N; 01-28-2014 at 04:50 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Default miller scp-200c

Yeah the guy gave me both of um,I was wondering were I can get parts for these things

Yeah the guy gave me both of um,I was wondering were I can get parts for these things
    what type of parts??........

very little to go wrong in the power supply and other than the big inductors... most parts should be generic off the shelf capacitors, diodes etc..

on the suitcase... what model is it..??
    Last edited by H80N; 01-29-2014 at 10:09 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default miller scp-200c

The power source will not turn on so I called the guy ho gave it to me and asked if he ever had it working and he said that it want under water like 6inchs, what do u think the problem is thanks.

The power source will not turn on so I called the guy ho gave it to me and asked if he ever had it working and he said that it want under water like 6inchs, what do u think the problem is thanks.
    Flooded...??.. oooo that makes it more interesting...

First...pull the covers and see what the insides look like ...

I would refer to the manual and make sure it is strapped for the proper voltage in your shop.. check connections, fuses etc..make sure it is actually getting the right power... also troubleshooting tips in the back of the book..

also there is an internal contactor that is controlled by the contactor control receptacle on the front panel... would check that circuit too..

it did look very clean from your pics....
    Last edited by H80N; 01-30-2014 at 07:27 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Water shouldn't hurt it much, but yes take it apart and pull the greables out of it. I pressure wash units, hasn't been a problem as long as its dryed out. So you've change the power input to yours right. Now the unit will not supply any output till a feeder is hooked up

Default miller scp-200c

I got the fan to work but I don't have any power going out, what dose that mean all help will be Appreciated thanks.

I got the fan to work but I don't have any power going out, what dose that mean all help will be Appreciated thanks.
    Look at section 3-5 Contactor control on page 8

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o201f_mil.pdf

Gotta have contactor closure to have welder output..
    Last edited by H80N; 01-30-2014 at 06:48 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default miller scp-200c

I'm not geting any power to the cable connectors It's like the transformer is bad in it or something,sory if I sound like I don't know what I'm doing,and that's because I don't lol I I am no Electrician.