Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Millermatic 135 tech help pls: RV1 / Red disc-shape resistor specs/function/part num?

    Does anyone know what RV1 does or what the spec is? I'm trying to track down my non-functioning wire feed (full thread here: http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...on-Clicks-only, but I thought I'd post this specific question in hopes of getting some thread views).

    If this thing works like PTC1 (as kind of a resettable fuse) or if it's supposed to be a resistor, then maybe that's my issue. There's no continuity at all across the terminals -- infinite resistance.

    If anyone has the spec and or a part number, (or any other ideas) I'd really appreciate it.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    Here is an old thread that you might find of interest.. and lead you to some more related threads..

    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...illermatic-135

    there are a lot of threads on the MM135 you might do a search.. might find some similar situations..


    Quote Originally Posted by dogstar View Post
    Does anyone know what RV1 does or what the spec is? I'm trying to track down my non-functioning wire feed (full thread here: http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...on-Clicks-only, but I thought I'd post this specific question in hopes of getting some thread views).

    If this thing works like PTC1 (as kind of a resettable fuse) or if it's supposed to be a resistor, then maybe that's my issue. There's no continuity at all across the terminals -- infinite resistance.

    If anyone has the spec and or a part number, (or any other ideas) I'd really appreciate it.

    Thanks!
    Just a wild guess but ....RV1 sounds like it might be a MOV (Metal Oxide Varister) possibly a MOV 92...
    but best look it up on a parts list

    Any markings on it??
    Last edited by H80N; 02-09-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Here is an old thread that you might find of interest.. and lead you to some more related threads..

    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...illermatic-135

    there are a lot of threads on the MM135 you might do a search.. might find some similar situations..




    Just a wild guess but ....RV1 sounds like it might be a MOV (Metal Oxide Varister) possibly a MOV 92...
    but best look it up on a parts list

    Any markings on it??
    Thanks much. No markings, but Kevin confirmed it is a MOV on my main thread. He's thinks it's likely CR3 or Q1. I'll try both of those and go from there. Glad I didn't did into RV1 just on a wild hair ;-)

    Thanks much!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogstar View Post
    Thanks much. No markings, but Kevin confirmed it is a MOV on my main thread. He's thinks it's likely CR3 or Q1. I'll try both of those and go from there. Glad I didn't did into RV1 just on a wild hair ;-)

    Thanks much!
    on parts that are not generic and readily available from electronic suppliers like Newark...

    try miller4less.com if you have the Miller part number..
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.