Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Aluminum cylinder repair

Hi Guy's
    I need a little help on settings for my Dynasty 350 (new last week) to repair a cylinder head deck,don't really want to use my Lincoln PT 375,customer brought me a head that got damaged when his CNC machine crashed while just starting to surface the deck,cut a groove about .125 deep about .500 in from the end in an arc from one side to the other,i have welded alot of heads just not sure of this new machine..any ideas.

Thanks Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Builder View Post
    Hi Guy's
    I need a little help on settings for my Dynasty 350 (new last week) to repair a cylinder head deck,don't really want to use my Lincoln PT 375,customer brought me a head that got damaged when his CNC machine crashed while just starting to surface the deck,cut a groove about .125 deep about .500 in from the end in an arc from one side to the other,i have welded alot of heads just not sure of this new machine..any ideas.

Thanks Dean
    Dean

check out Chris Razor's Videos.... they directly address this with the Dyn 350DX..

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...50+chris+razor

Last edited by H80N; 01-17-2014 at 09:48 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Dean

check out Chris Razor's Videos.... they directly address this with the Dyn 350DX..

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...50+chris+razor

Thanks,Will do.
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Lincoln PT 375
    Miller Trailblazer
    Lagun 10x50 Vertical Mill
    Southbend 9x30 Lathe
    Kwik-Way Valve Grinder
    Victor O/A Set
    Delta 10" Vertical Band Saw
    45 Yrs. worth of hand tools & a couple hammers
    Custom Built Cylinder Head Flow Bench 1400 CFM

Quote Originally Posted by Engine Builder View Post
    Thanks,Will do.
    You are going to LOVE that Dynasty 350DX..!!

that ain't your daddy's Syncrowave.. it is a whole different animal...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

H80n, I checked out Chrise's video, he sure does know how to dial that machine in, He used to have a Aero wave up until about 5-7 years ago. I'm going to have to start playing with my settings.

I noticed the settings that I think it was you were talking about that the 350 has that my 300 doesn't have.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    H80n, I checked out Chrise's video, he sure does know how to dial that machine in, He used to have a Aero wave up until about 5-7 years ago. I'm going to have to start playing with my settings.

I noticed the settings that I think it was you were talking about that the 350 has that my 300 doesn't have.
    Looking for an excuse to upgrade..??...............

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

H80N, As much as I'd like a new toy, I cant justify buying a $9,000.00 toy when the one I have still does a great job, I don't have the same clientele as Chris, The only aluminum blocks and transmissions I weld on are used ( I don't have Jack Roush knocking at my door )

We are down to 2 big mig welders in the shop so I need to get another one so I'm looking at the Miller 252.

And then I want to sell my push pull Cobra Matic that I use for aluminum and possibly get the Miller 350 P - Aluminum.

Smile

Hope your Dyn 300DX gives you many more years of excellent service..

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200