Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default M3 tube bender die help!

I hope there is someone here who can assist me with the problem at hand. I am in dire need of a specific die set for a JD Squared Model 3 tubing bender. Anyone have a clue where I can obtain the following and fast? I have a opportunity to fab up the radiuses for a hand full of hand rails. This is a job that I have been looking to get for a while and don't want to miss it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Here are the die specs I am looking for.
    1 7/8" round tube. 180 degree bend. 6.5 or 7.5 Center line radius(clr)
    .095 min. .120 max. Thickness
    Part# M3R100246 or 248 is what I pulled up from the JD site

Call JD and order direct? When I ordered a similar die last year I had it in about 5-6 days including shipping. And I didn't rush it or anything.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

The majority of the employees are at the PRI show and I have called numerous times and held on the phone for over 45 min. M-Tech supply has yet to get back to me. I am just trying to find one before Monday or Tuesday.

ebay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas113 View Post
    The majority of the employees are at the PRI show and I have called numerous times and held on the phone for over 45 min. M-Tech supply has yet to get back to me. I am just trying to find one before Monday or Tuesday.

Trick tools

Funny you say that. I called any and every place I could. JD2 had to make it from scratch, not one on the shelf. Now I find out that my employer got impatient and had someone else bend the tubes. Guess what now he wants me to finish assembly on payroll. Did I mention I shelled out almost 400 dollars of my own money to get the die for the rails. Anyone ever use 1 7/8 tube ? Might have a die up for sale when it arrives at my house!

Have to have tools to make money! There are many tools that sit around for the occasional job. But when you can do something obscure you will have a happy customer!
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

To update any who replied the news is mixed. JD2 had to build the die set and then ship it. It will now be arriving Monday at best. I needed it last Monday. The good news is that it's coming. The bad news is that patience and quality are lacking with the project manager. I don't know how the bends look on these rails that another local shop did. I hear they only bent the 180 degree bend at the end. For code it will require the slope of the stairs bent in to the equation. If luck comes my way I will still be bending them before final assembly. There is too much to say at the moment. I will update first part of the week and hope to figure out how to post pics as a visual aid.