Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default syncrowave 200 troubleshooting

guys,
    i have an air cooled syncrowave 200 that i bought new in 2006. cant find the owners manual and cant find what i need in the online manuals.

i barely use it, but lately use it about every other week for home projects.

today i tried welding steel and it turned on, had gas flow when i hit the pedal, but would not strike an arc. i couldnt hear the points spark either. tried it on ac for aluminum, and the same thing, nothing. i pressed one of the buttons on the front panel and it showed HELP -12.
    tried movig the ground, turn the unit on and off and on again, unplugged it and repluged it back in, finally getting it to strike and arc and weld. BUT when i press the button it still says HELP -12, even though it now works.

what is going on ? what is a HELP -12 code ?
    should i look at the points and see if they are corroded or something else ?
    i cant believe i have mis[laced the owners manual...

thanks for any help guys.
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Basically, you've got a setup error, best have a looksee as to how you've setup your machine for the weld.

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    guys,
    i have an air cooled syncrowave 200 that i bought new in 2006. cant find the owners manual and cant find what i need in the online manuals.

i barely use it, but lately use it about every other week for home projects.

today i tried welding steel and it turned on, had gas flow when i hit the pedal, but would not strike an arc. i couldnt hear the points spark either. tried it on ac for aluminum, and the same thing, nothing. i pressed one of the buttons on the front panel and it showed HELP -12.
    tried movig the ground, turn the unit on and off and on again, unplugged it and repluged it back in, finally getting it to strike and arc and weld. BUT when i press the button it still says HELP -12, even though it now works.

what is going on ? what is a HELP -12 code ?
    should i look at the points and see if they are corroded or something else ?
    i cant believe i have mis[laced the owners manual...

thanks for any help guys.
    I also have a 2006 Syncrowave 200. HELP Code 12 indicates that you are attempting to use a non-allowable setup. For example, if you had the stinger inserted into the Dinse Connector to do stick welding and youi were to press the process button for TIG. You would get such a code.

From page 30 of my Miller Syncrowave 200 Owner's Manual:

Help 12 Display
    Indicates a non-allowable set-up on the
    front panel.

You really must get a manual. They are on this site at the top. You will need the serial number of your machine. It is located on the back of the machine along with the Model Number.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Synchroman; 01-09-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Quote Originally Posted by Synchroman View Post
    I also have a 2006 Syncrowave 200. HELP Code 12 indicates that you are attempting to use a non-allowable setup. For example, if you had the stinger inserted into the Dinse Connector to do stick welding and youi were to press the process button for TIG. You would get such a code.

From page 30 of my Miller Syncrowave 200 Owner's Manual:

Help 12 Display
    Indicates a non-allowable set-up on the
    front panel.

You really must get a manual. They are on this site at the top. You will need the serial number of your machine. It is located on the back of the machine along with the Model Number.

Good Luck.

wow, thanks guys....
    this is very strange, since i never change anything, it is always set up for tig welding and only change from ac to dc current... may the connector might be loose on the torch or foot pedal ?
    i will have to check into that this evening when i get home from work.
    thanks for the info guys it greatly appreciated..
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125

used it twice since and so far it is still working.... hope it stays this way..
    SyncrowaveŽ 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125