Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Drill bit sharpener

Are there any of the drill bit sharpeners that work ? We have one at work but the guy i've seen use it hasn't had much luck with . Now it maybe a cheap one or he doesn't know how to use it i don't know . Thought maybe some of you guys had tried some of them . I wouldn't mind having one at home if they worked pretty good .

Drill Dr. works just fine.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Take your time. Do a few cuts at each stage. Repeat a few times before removing. You will end up with a finer finished edge. I use a drill dr at the house and don't have any complaints. Kind of like sharpening a knife blade run it over and over before moving on.

bench grinders work wonderful .

I love my "Drill Doctor". Sooooo easy

I like my Drill Doctor. It's the older 750 model.

Yep, Drill Dr. works Great !!!

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by drpipe View Post
    bench grinders work wonderful .
    Could not agree more. Once the point is sharpened correctly it amazing how the cut can be adjusted.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

Thanks everybody i hate to buy something i don't like . Sounds like worth a try .

drill doctor is good but...for quality bits with thin web you have to cheat it otherwise it gives a negative angle, at least mine does and i read and re-read the instructions and watched the vid included with it many times.

Once you know the principles, a bench grinder, white grinding wheel and cheater glasses are second to none. quicker sharpening and more choice of how agressively you want it to cut .

Since most people that i know can't sharpen a drill, drill Dr is the tool for them.