Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is your gas flow? And you not balling back your tungsten, right? For what it is worth, I hate ceriated. 2% lanthanated, sharpened to a dull point, lights up every time.

You may have a clear coat on that anodized pipe, thus it welds like trash, and has a hard time starting. What is your filler? 4943 is the gnat's ass.

Once again, start with a default program and get some hours under your belt before you did what I did, and wreck the settings.
    Last edited by shovelon; 01-09-2014 at 10:39 PM.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

I'll reset in in the morning. I've always used helium welding aluminum. Wasn't aware this machine doesn't need it as much until this thread. Ill try and get a picture of what its comin out like with and without he. But like I said its probably the tungsten. Ordering lanthinated and zirconiated. Thanks again yall. I'll check back in when I get her goin

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon:315933
    What is your gas flow? And you not balling back your tungsten, right?

You may have a clear coat on that anodized pipe, thus it welds like trash. What is your filler? 4943 is the gnat's ass.
    The he. is barely opened and argon at about 20
    Where the settings are at as of now its balling just a tiny bit. Enough to disrupt the arc. And this anodize is the polished finish definitely coated.
    Filler is 5356

Smile

I would listen to SHOVELON...

he probably has more real world practical experience on the Dyn 350 than any other regular user here...

And believe that the Dynasty is a totally different animal than a Sync....

you will need to unlearn a bunch of stuff that was gospel on a Transformer machine like a Sync...

The rest of us have...

there are dozens of threads on this... you are not the first one to struggle with the transition..
    Last edited by H80N; 01-10-2014 at 07:52 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    I would listen to SHOVELON...

he probably has more real world practical experience on the Dyn 350 than any other regular user here...

And believe that the Dynasty is a totally different animal than a Sync....

you will need to unlearn a bunch of stuff that was gospel on a Transformer machine like a Sync...

The rest of us have...

there are dozens of threads on this... you are not the first one to struggle with the transition..
    Thanks for the kudos. I was very fortunate to have run Aerowaves for many years before I got into the Dynastys. But the transition for me was still mind boggling.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Quote Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
    The he. is barely opened and argon at about 20
    Where the settings are at as of now its balling just a tiny bit. Enough to disrupt the arc. And this anodize is the polished finish definitely coated.
    Filler is 5356
    For reference, I use gas lenses. And for a #7 I push 17 to 20 cfh, with 20 being max before the surge flow wrecks my starts. A #8 cup I go 20 to 22cfh.

Is the polished finish clear and chromish bright or opaque and nickle like in brightness? Ask to look at the test reports for clarification.

Miller Dynasty700DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Didn't get to mess with it today too much goin on.
    I can tell shovelon is very informed and its good to know Im not the only one that hit a speed bump. I run a 1/8 gas lense with a #7 cup. Ill remember to keep my gas below 22. As for the anodized its the chrome lookin one. Not too easy to penetrate with what I have set up and I cannot take the time to carefully clean the weld void or take the chance of scratching it. The weld is coming out a little grainy on the edges on some welds but not all. Like yall said I think iys gonna take a few hours non stop so I'm goin in tomorrow off the clock to do it.

Smile

On top of everything else....

Tungsten selection and prep is different than on a transformer...

the Diamond Ground Tungsten Guidebook is a good one to download and to refer to on that count..

http://www.diamondground.com/TungstenGuidebook2013.pdf

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Here is a list of Videos you might want to watch...

especially... John Marcella, Chris Razor and the ones on machine setup...

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...la+razor&sm=12

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200