Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just ordered my new Miller!! Woot Woot!!

So, I'm fairly new to welding but I've done quite a bit lately and I think I'm ready to upgrade from my little harbor freight 110 mig.

So, I ordered a Millermatic 212! Now I'll have to somehow not go insane waiting for it to get here. I was told maybe Monday, but by Tuesday for sure.

Happiness is a new welder!
    I know your pain......I sit not far from a machine that hopefully will fill the spot where a nasty old Red thing sits now.

that do you mean, "nasty old Red thing???

If I had to wager a guess if say he's talking about a Lincoln machine.

New to welding but I know most people who weld are pretty partial to one or the other. You're either all for the Lincoln red or the Miller blue.

Oh yeah, my cheapie harbor freight 110 mig is blue too, but that doesn't count.

And I have to give the cheapie credit, although it will never run with a Miller, for the$100 I spent and for what it is, i'm really happy with it. But its time for bigger and better.

Do have tank and wire ready ?? Power outlet all set ? All systems go !

go from a POS machine to a real machine and you wont believe the difference. like night and day. super smooth wire feeding. like putting power steering in a 50s car.

I do think i'm ready. I don't have bottles, but I'll get them from the guy I ordered the welder from. As well as wire from him too. I just got done wiring up a new load center and 220 outlet in the garage yesterday, so that part is done.

Lol, that 50's car comparison is funny but accurate i'm sure. In high school I was naive enough to believe it when I was told I cold get an extra tenth second in the quarter of I cut my power steerng belt on my old nova. I did it and got a work out for a couple weeks.

The only bad part is, after buying the welder, the bottle and wire I may be too broke to afford metal to weld with it!

Jimmy,
    Steel at the scrap yard is $0.25 per pound where I live. Drop ten dollars and you will have plenty of material to practice on. Good luck.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydoc1 View Post
    ...You're either all for the Lincoln red or the Miller blue.
    I have both. The inverter machine is a hybrid - its purple (Thermal Arc). Now if I could just get a green or yellow Migmaster 250 I'd be all set.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974 vintage)
    Syncrowave 250
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)