Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Millermatic 250 wire feeder surging

I need some help guys. My personal welder is giving me FITS!!! The wire feed motor is surging like it has a tight spot in a bearing. Or it is getting a power surge from something.

My question is, does anybody know what voltage or resitence I should get between feeder motor and circuit board or the rheostat on the speed control? Could it be the high-low switch going bad?

Im on the fence of buying a new one or sending it in and dropping know telling what in getting it fixed. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you blow out the liner or replace it? Do you have any kinks in the line somewhere? Those can cause feed issues. Also if your tension is set wrong.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

It's not the liner or gun related. If the feeder motor is ran without feeding wire, you can visually see the drive roller surge. You can also hear a change in the motor sound. I've removed the brushes and they look new. No burns or gouges on them.

Im leaning more towards the speed controller or the high/low switch. I had the main control board replaced 5 years ago.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.