Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: two torches

Default two torches

is it possible to have two seperate tig torches hooked up to one machine? water cooled btw. its kind of a pain to have to swap them out and spill coolant.

i use to have my syncrowave 250 setup like that. not sure if it is correct or not, but i used it for years with no problems. i just used 2 power blocks to connect both torches and then a tee with valves for the coolant lines so i could shut off coolant to the torch not being used. hope this helps.

by the way they sell a unit that allows you to hook up multipule torches, but it's like $1200. i'm going to get one for my dynasty 350 at work.

ok ya it would be for a dynasty 350 at my work too. but i doubt there gona want to spend 1200 for it but at the same time it saves time. i was thinking along the lines of tee fittings like you said i just wasnt sure if it was ok for the machine. thanks.

the dynasty uses a dinse connector, so i'm not sure if you could mount torch blocks to that style. unless they make a threaded lug that goes into the dinse style. my opinion is dynastys are way to expensive to mess around with, thats why i am putting the proper multipule torch unit on it. just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeD View Post
    by the way they sell a unit that allows you to hook up multipule torches, but it's like $1200. i'm going to get one for my dynasty 350 at work.
    Look up versatig.com . They are like 3500 and up. One can be found here pretty reasonable: https://post.craigslist.org/u/6F6NEk...RnCvZLwQ/pm97z