Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default ****ie's long sleeve shirt?

Anybody wear these for welding? I just got some for free, its a cotton blend. Most work is tig , but I also mig & stick. Thanks

****ies *

You can't write that word, if you notice the first four letters also mean a certain male organ, which is disallowed on a family friendly website such as this. Also can mean a total azzhole, this is more often than not associated with my username. Try "D!ckies" or "D I c k ies", it should work. I mean, sometimes we talk to Richard, just to make him feel like he belongs, we like to use the nickname, it's D!ck, not ****.

Sorry, D!ck (Pop), I wasn't making fun of you, just trying to make a point.

Gotta protect all us easily impressionable minds from the perverts out there.
    Last edited by JSFAB; 12-29-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

To answer your question, I wear no cotton "blends". Anything with any kind of synthetic fabric other than Kevlar burns and melts too easily, and I'm not sure about the Kevlar. When welding, it is either 100% cotton or 100% wool. Leather is good too, but I don't wear leathers.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

I wear straight cotton too. I have worn nomex fabric a lot for other jobs and it burns too but it doesn't stick to you just burns a hole. Nomex has a higher temp that it can stand before it burns.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...