Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question CANOX C250E AC DC HF Is it worth something, is it a miller cousin?

that machine is available in my area, i would like to use it for aluminum welding thickness 1/4 and ocasionnaly 3/8 for short passes. I heard about the rule of 1 amp per 0.001 inch of material but i think from the size of the beast it can work.

Am i wrong? machine looks clean 900$ serial JD678733tig2.jpg

Are parts available and affordable, is it trouble prone?

thank's in advance

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    that machine is available in my area, i would like to use it for aluminum welding thickness 1/4 and ocasionnaly 3/8 for short passes. I heard about the rule of 1 amp per 0.001 inch of material but i think from the size of the beast it can work.

thank's in advance
    You have a Miller Dialarc 250 HF or HF/P in red instead of blue

A bulletproof reliable old TIG machine..

does it come with pedal, torch and water cooler??

Here is a link to the manual..

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o315j_mil.pdf

Enjoy...
    Last edited by H80N; 12-28-2013 at 07:50 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Red face Thank's again Mr. H80N

This is the exact match, i will meet the seller tomorrow morning, he said that a pedal and a torch are coming with it, the torch is not water cooled but there are some water inlet/outlets installed on the machine.

Is it to plug straight from the tap? I will find out tomorrow and probably find a bunch of other questions to ask.tig6.jpgtig5.jpgtig3.JPG

For its age if it's as good as it looks i think i will buy it.

This is the exact match, i will meet the seller tomorrow morning, he said that a pedal and a torch are coming with it, the torch is not water cooled but there are some water inlet/outlets installed on the machine.

Is it to plug straight from the tap? I will find out tomorrow and probably find a bunch of other questions to ask.tig6.jpgtig5.jpgtig3.JPG

For its age if it's as good as it looks i think i will buy it.
    1/4 & 3/8 aluminum??

that is going to need a water cooled TIG torch... ( and some preheat )

if it has the "city water" solenoid for torch cooling... it will work... but the best answer is a recirculating cooler.. like a coolmate or bernard or even a homebrew with a procon pump...

$900 is a little bit high..if no cooler.. try for somewhere in the $500-700 range....
    Last edited by H80N; 12-28-2013 at 08:50 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Default Dialarc 250 HF

thank's in advance
    It is a monster! I haven't found a metal it won't weld. I recently bought an old one, (1984). Mine has a radiator inside the windings, and a separate torch cooler. It is a transformer machine, meaning not real energy efficient. At 240 volt mine is rated at 95 amp input. Spark gaps in lower front vary frequency. I think .012 maximum gap. It lacks some features of $6000.00 new machines, but will handle aluminum from 20 gauge to 1/2". You need a crew or a bucket loader to lift it.

Smile I bought-it!

For better or worse, i bought it for 800$, machine has some dust inside (looks more like wood dust) but does not show any sign of abuse and is externally very clean for its age.

Now i'm trying to find a safe way to load the beast in my freestar...As HN80 said "bullet-proof" it might well contain some armored plates inside...she's heavy man!

it comes with original foot control (RFC-23A), gaz cooled torch, regulators and a few tungsten.

Thank's to HN80 for is assistance If he made some room inside his inbox he'd receive it personnally

At 220 kilo (486lb) it is a bit of heavy beast

if you could get your hands on an engine hoist...(cherry picker)

they are about the handiest item to get those old welders in and out of a minivan if you do not have access to a forklift...

Even at $800 you probably did fine in the price... it does look very clean.. and.. used welder prices have skyrocketed in the last couple of years with all of the inflation

ENJOY...

Sorry about the PM mailbox... they have them so darned small that they are forever full no matter how often we try to clean them up....
    Last edited by H80N; 12-30-2013 at 12:36 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

The foot pedal for that model welder is in short supply and is worth quite a bit by itself. If you ever sell the welder to someone who won't use TIG, keep the foot pedal and sell it separately. It pays to know your machine and accessories and what they are worth.
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Thumbs up you make my day

WillieB comforting, thank-you

HN80 engine hoist, good idea, thank-you

USMCPOP, I take good note of that , thank-you

The more i use-it, this site proove to be one of my most valuable ....tool? asset?

well you know....excuse my so so english it's another learning process.