Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So Where is Stick Like Tig

We got Mig like Tig competition going on. Wondering if or when the Stick like Tig will start?

Thought it would be a fun topic. :-)

Can anyone do it?

Yes only counts if you back it up with photos.

Especially if you limited it to 6011. 😀😀😀😀
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln

can i use 6011 for tig

Quote Originally Posted by kevin:315458
    can i use 6011 for tig
    Got to have video of that attempt. :-)
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

Quote Originally Posted by stickermigtigger View Post
    We got Mig like Tig competition going on. Wondering if or when the Stick like Tig will start?

Can anyone do it?

I can do stick like tig. 7018 DCEP 130 amps. (Just ignore the spatter-if you don't see it-it's not there! ) Lol! Hope you don't limit the competition to aluminum!

What a dumb idea. Why don't you learn the different processes and become proficient at one or all of them. People come on this forum and ask legitimate questions about a certain process hoping to learn. And then some nut-bar wants to change the whole program and make one weld look like the other?????

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    What a dumb idea. Why don't you learn the different processes and become proficient at one or all of them. People come on this forum and ask legitimate questions about a certain process hoping to learn. And then some nut-bar wants to change the whole program and make one weld look like the other?????

Did I disturb the old timer's widdle nappy poo?

If you had read the initial post first you would have seen the topic was meant to be lighthearted. I seriously doubt it's possible to make a Stick bead look like a Tig bead.

And I don't see in the user agreement anywhere where being lighthearted is restricted or frowned upon.

From one old man to another; chill out dude!

I'm still working on stick like stick. TIG like TIG and MIG like MIG. LOL
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Quote Originally Posted by stickermigtigger View Post

Can anyone do it?

I usually do the MIG like stick thing, but I guess that will be another topic later. Let me know when that gets started.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I agree.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....