Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Going to take a few days to get diodes. I'm going to overhaul board with all new diodes and try again. I will update as soon as possible. I had one diode and replaced the missing one but still only getting 40VAC at outlets and 0.1-0.2 on weld jacks.

Default Getting Better

So I have since replaced all diodes. Got an unexpected call today on the sunday before christmas that the local shop had diode order come in. Now I have a few more questions.

1. I do not have the original weld/power/throttle switch. The throttle switch is missing but I do have the switch for Weld/Power that is mounted beside the throttle switch. Should it be depressed for Power and for Weld function or just for the Weld Function.

2. When checking the Voltage on the 115 outlet, somehow I am coming up with 200+ volts with the weld/power/throttle switch depressed and about 110VAC with it not Depressed.

3. I am getting 80V or so to the welding jacks when weld/power/throttle switch is depressed and the weld/power switch on face of machine is in the Weld position. Depending on RPM as i do not have a tachometer to correctly set the speeds everything varies a bit.

4. Does anyone know where the 12th diode is located, even a general area to start tracing. Most of the numbers on the wires are gone and I'm finding it difficult to trace it down.
    Last edited by amethyst161; 12-22-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: more information added

Default any help

any help would be useful if you can answer any of my questions. I would rather understand the problem and then fix it rather than just having a fix. thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst161 View Post
    I do not have the original weld/power/throttle switch. The throttle switch is missing . . .
    How is the exciter output circuit being completed for POWER mode and broken for WELD mode?
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110