Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mx_racer428 View Post
    I also tried raising the argon pressure too because it's acting like low gas flow or none at all but raising the pressure didn't change a thing. You can clearly hear and feel the argon flow coming out of my gas lense.
    try switching back to a standard cup and collet configuration to match the tungsten size you are using...(US Made name brand) one less variable

speaking of tungsten... what size, color code and make??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Quite l ikely that the torch is hooked up backwards. The current carring conduit is the return line. The torch head is what must be cooled first. Its the other way, the conduit is cooled, however the head gets way hot and trouble happens shortly after.
    Cruizer has a point....

pretty easy to get those two lines flipped with one of those adaptors...

AND with the Miller absorption of Weldcraft....

ALL of the online hookup diagrams seem to have disapeared...

my reference links to weldcraft have gone dead and been intercepted by a useless Miller page??... NOT Optimal...
    Last edited by H80N; 12-11-2013 at 10:52 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

1/8" purple and also tried pure with no change.

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Cruizer has a point....

pretty easy to get those two lines flipped with one of those adaptors...

AND with the Miller absorption of Weldcraft....

ALL of the online hookup diagrams seem to have disapeared...

my reference links to weldcraft have gone dead and been intercepted by a useless Miller page??... NOT Optimal...
    With the adapter (miller) I have you can't hook the power/return like up wrong. As the return from adapter to the cooler that could be but if fallowed both feed and return lines and they are in the correct spot, I am curious if the cooler has a reversible motor in it for the pump and maybe the 3-prong 120v plug is wired in reverse since it's not the original plug. I am going to the welding shop tonight to pick up some non-china torch consumables. Try and rule everything out. Thanks for all the tips and suggestions so far. This is a great comminty.

Only thing that would be wrong on the plug when hooked up backwards is the fuse protection to the unit, as if it is backwards there wouldn't be any protection.

Otherwise the motor will only ever run in one direction.

Its ONLY on 3 phase applications that we can make the motor run in the opposite direction

It sounds to me like a gas issue. Whether you have coolant flowing or not shouldn't affect the arc to test it. Yes after a short time it will over heat but just to test it out it won't matter. Unplug the dinse & try blowing through it to make sure it is free/open. It could be a blockage but you said gas comes out so maybe a leak that is drawing in air to the gas?

Just to clarify when you change to the aircooled torch it works fine on the same material?
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

BINGO!! Chinese collet was to long and the gas lense was not getting a proper seal. Thanks for all the help guys!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mx_racer428 View Post
    BINGO!! Chinese collet was to long and the gas lense was not getting a proper seal. Thanks for all the help guys!
    VERY COOL...!!!

sometimes it is the simple oddball stuff...

Glad you got it sorted out....

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Glad you got it fixed......just shows how the small stuff can trip you up.
    Are you going to cover the power connection on the side of the machine.....hate to see someone get zapped.