Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Welder/Generator dolly

I'm winging this project as I go, I've built a dolly so I could move it around my shop and into my trailer. Built a square tube box around it so I could weld in hangers for welding cables, etc.
    Any suggestions would be welcome. I would also be interested in seeing some pictures of what you guys have done in making your Bobcats or Trailblazers more portable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln

Nice, that sure is a pretty BLUE color. I did make a cart for my 302 Trailblazer to keep in garage. Then I made / modified a trailer for road or off road use. The trailer is set up so I can set the machine and cart onto the trailer as one unit.
    Works out well. Here's the posting on the Weldingweb.
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...rt-and-TRAILER

Make a box with a floor & four sides about 6 inches high. Mount it on the top. It can be the whole top or half or whatever. Put all your stuff in it from grinders, wheels, gloves, tools. indispensable to have a place to pile stuff.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

I like it and wanted to do my 250 the same way. Still may. Are those Harbor freight casters?

I made a cart for the 211, sort of done what MMW stated. It has been great for loading things up. Have the machine on it with plenty of room to carry about everything I need when moving from shop to trailer then back. Saves a lot of time when moving things.

Church1.jpg

This old shot is before I put expanded metal sides on it. Still have not painted it. Has a cradle under the bottom for a small gas bottle but found a long gas hose works great leaving the a big tank inside the trailer, nuther MMW suggestion.

I used HF casters and they can be a pain to swivel in tight places. I'm still undecided if I want to move a 500lb machine in and out of a trailer, plus it would take a good hold down setup in a trailer while pulling it.

Lets see the improvements when you make them.
    Last edited by Hardrock40; 12-11-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Made this for my AirPak... Top pops off so I can go in the truck while the dolly stays put.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gocirino; 12-11-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Yes, they are harbor freight SOLID RUBBER swivel ones. I used the air ones on my cart for the 180 SD. I like the solid ones for in the garage or on blacktop. The air jobs seem better on gravel or hard ground.

gocirino, nice setup. I like that mag drill too.

Default Welder/generator dolly

Quote Originally Posted by gocirino View Post
    Made this for my AirPak... Top pops off so I can go in the truck while the dolly stays put.
    Thats a classy looking dolly, very nice job.

Default Forgot to ask you

What kind of a bender did you use on that square tubing?

if I can get half as good as some of you guys, I'd be happy.
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln

Do you have any issues with protective cage rubbing on the sheet metal of your welder.
    Nick

Default like

That is a work of art. It is wonderful.