Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Yet another Home made Tig Cart & Cooler (Oh Brother) Part 2

The cooler is set on top to insure coolant supply to the torch lines. The front panel has a fan indicator/test light, adjustable thermostat for fan, an output gage for pressure and temp, and a low pressure light and test switch...

The cooler has a procon pump I got at a garage sale, and the fan and cooling coils soldered in series (60ft) from a dehumidifier. Inline filter. 20 feet of copper line. Grey water pump house switch to give me a low pressure alarms (2 audio and 1lighted). Also 2 thermostats (one inline) to turn fan on at my desired cooling temp...
    The 5 gal SS serviceable tank is top mounted to prevent pump cavitation (1" silicon hose (blue)),thermostat capillary tube in black sheath on side, a purchased pusher fan to exit the hot air out; in event there is a water leak, I have it draining to the rear without touching the welders...
    The electrical is powered from the 2 electrical outlets on the back of the Dynasty 350...One powers the alarms and one powers the pump.
    Last edited by NDAV8R; 12-24-2013 at 05:40 AM.
    NDAV8R
    CANCER SURVIVOR
    Commercial Pilot since 1975
    MILLER DYNASTY 350 TIG
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX Tig
    Miller 252 Mig with 30-A Spool Gun
    Lincoln SP 270
    Hypertherm 625 Plazma Cutter
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Clausing 10 x 24 Turning Lathe
    Two 1918 16 x 60 South Bend Turning Lathes

Default Very Impressive!

Dang! That is nice! I've never seen the inside of a cooler. There's a lot more stuff in there than I expected. More complicated than I imagined.

Thumbs up

Beautiful piece of work...!!!

well thought out and professionally executed...

am looking forward to seeing your other projects...
    Last edited by H80N; 12-23-2013 at 05:31 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Hey my last post got deleted! Awsome man!

Nice cart, should prove to be very useful. But why two posts for one project?

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rother)-Part-1

You can put all of it in one thread and everyone can see it without having to jump from one to the next to get the whole story. You can post five pictures at a time, if you have more pics to share just hit "Reply to Thread" and you can add five more. Just keep doing that until you have all the pics uploaded.
    Last edited by Bistineau; 12-25-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Thanks for the comments. I was going to have it all in one thread, but at the last minute changed into two, to show the water cooler and its contents separate from the cart itself. I was unaware of stacking the same thread with more pics...I'll definitely do that next time.
    Thanks.

ndav8r
    Last edited by NDAV8R; 12-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    NDAV8R
    CANCER SURVIVOR
    Commercial Pilot since 1975
    MILLER DYNASTY 350 TIG
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX Tig
    Miller 252 Mig with 30-A Spool Gun
    Lincoln SP 270
    Hypertherm 625 Plazma Cutter
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Clausing 10 x 24 Turning Lathe
    Two 1918 16 x 60 South Bend Turning Lathes