Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default XMT 350 auto line

I'm going to go look at a XMT 350 CV/CC with a 70 series wire feeder. Owner says come and test drive, burn as much wire as you want until your comfortable. Its currently hooked to 3 phase so I asked if we could hook it to single phase. He says there's no single phase avalible at the location. So my question is could there be something wrong with the auto line allowing it to operate on 3 phase fine but would render it useless on single phase? Anything in particular I need to look at or for? Im not to familier with these inverters or that new of a feeder in all honesty. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    30a spoolgun
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    340hp Quincy and 400 gallon of air
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove

If it runs peachy on 3 phase, it'll run fine on single phase. Not difficult to figure out either, just get him to pull the red out of the primary circuit.

Anything in particular I need to look at on the feeder?
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    30a spoolgun
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    340hp Quincy and 400 gallon of air
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove

I've used this machine a lot in the past. Always on 3 phase power. You will be happy with it. It's the ultimate multi process welder.
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 stick/tig
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
    Torchmate CNC table

Ironworker Welder
    Operating engineer
    Owner/Operator Devlin Metal Works
    Custom CNC Plasma Cutting and Welding