Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Connect a Spoolmatic 1C to a Maxtron 450

I didn't do my homework and purchased a Spoolmatic 1C without a WC1 controller. I thought that it would just be a matter of hooking the gun to my 14 pin connector and run it off of panel. I contacted a miller weld tech about hook up and was told that I needed a WC1 controller. I asked if the spool gun could be ran off of my 60m controller. The tech didn't know if using a 60 M would work. The Spoolmatic that I purchased is in great shape but, I am not sure where to go from here. Purchase a WC1, pursue a way to hook the spool gun to my 60M, or cut my lose and sell the spool gun. Does anyone know if a 60m can work with this gun, or have a good WC1 for sell. Thanks in advance for your help.

A definite no on the Spoolmatic-1 running off the 60M wire feeder. The SM-1 was designed for direct connection to the early generations of the Millermatic 200 that provides the proper power and contains the required circuits to operate the spoolgun. The WC-1 weld controller simply provided those things mentioned above so the SM-1 could be used with non-MM200 CV power sources.

IMO, your best option is to pick up a WC-24 controller and Spoolmatic 30A which is a perfect mate to your Maxtron 450.

That being said, I know a gentleman that's looking for a SM-1 to go with his MM200 and another that's selling a WC-24 and 30A (both of which are NOT me) if you're interested. If you are, PM me an email address.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Default I would be interested in selling the spoolmatic.

[QUOTE=duaneb55;314835]A definite no on the Spoolmatic-1 running off the 60M wire feeder. The SM-1 was designed for direct connection to the early generations of the Millermatic 200 that provides the proper power and contains the required circuits to operate the spoolgun. The WC-1 weld controller simply provided those things mentioned above so the SM-1 could be used with non-MM200 CV power sources.

IMO, your best option is to pick up a WC-24 controller and Spoolmatic 30A which is a perfect mate to your Maxtron 450.

That being said, I know a gentleman that's looking for a SM-1 to go with his MM200 and another that's selling a WC-24 and 30A (both of which are NOT me) if you're interested. If you are, PM me an email
    Last edited by 3dcycle.blogspot; 12-07-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Info on email so my email on post was removed

Default I would be interested in selling the spoolmatic

I just bought the spool gun on eBay. I am just over $400 in on this gun including shipping. Thanks in advance for your help
    As I look at used prices I am not sure that I can afford a WC-24 and 30A but I would be interested in knowing what the asking price would be. Thanks
    Last edited by 3dcycle.blogspot; 12-09-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Removed email address