Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is there a welding gas interchange chart between linde, praxair and airliquid ?

Long story short, i switched from blueshield23 (ar-co2-oxygen) wich i liked (but not the suplyer) to linde argoshield 8c (92%ar-8%co2) wich i hate.

Argoshield 8c runs colder, have to raise power on machine, spark is brighter may have to go one shade darker, does more spatters on the work and in nozzle... more spatter block, smoke etc...

I know some welders dislike presence of oxygen in a shielding gas but for me and what i do it fits the bill perfectly.

Any suggestions for an equivalent or a place to get an interchange of some kind?

tahnk's

Ive never heard of a welding gas with oxygen in the mix. U must be confused. The whole purpose of the inert gas is to keep oxygen away from the weld puttle. Oxygen = oxidation & porosity. Things you dont want .
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

What you need is c-25. Minimal splattrr burns hotter because it contains more co2.
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Exclamation

NOPE... You must be confused... gas selection depends on a number of factors
    and oxygen is often added to improve wetting... from what SNOWBIRD posted.. sounds like he is doing Spray Transfer...
    here is a link to the Praxair shielding gas manual... it will explain the physics of it... as well as the formulas and the reasoning behind them

http://www.prest-o-sales.com/other_l...n%20Manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by eecervantes83 View Post
    Ive never heard of a welding gas with oxygen in the mix. U must be confused. The whole purpose of the inert gas is to keep oxygen away from the weld puttle. Oxygen = oxidation & porosity. Things you dont want .

What you need is c-25. Minimal splattrr burns hotter because it contains more co2.
    C25 is NO GOOD if you are going to spray transfer on ferrous metals.. most spray arc mixes have less than 10% CO2..

BTW... while not commonly used in the US... the welding process that we refer to here as MIG (Metal Inert Gas)... is often referred to as MAG (Metal Active Gas) in other parts of the world... both O2 and CO2 would be considered "Active Gasses"
    Last edited by H80N; 12-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Is there a welding gas interchange chart between linde, praxair and airliquid ?

Your trying to keep nitrogen out of a weld and excess hydrogen. 2% or more oxygen is used for hotter welding or spray transfer. As previously posted.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

Default Thank-you HN80, you put me on track

With your documented response and a little more time i found this link

http://www.aoc.com.mx/biblioteca/tablas_conversion/COMPARATIVO_DE_GASES_DE_PROTECCION.pdf

strictlycarved, i would not discard hydrogen too fast , a linde counter guy this morning, mentionned a gas containing some as an alternative for my regreted blueshield23...to be continued...

thank's to all.
    Last edited by snowbird; 12-06-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: misspell nitrogen/hydrogen

Thumbs up

Thank You...

that Gas cross reference is one that I did not have

a valuable reference..

we helped each other out...

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    With your documented response and a little more time i found this link

http://www.aoc.com.mx/biblioteca/tablas_conversion/COMPARATIVO_DE_GASES_DE_PROTECCION.pdf

strictlycarved, i would not discard nitrogen too fast , a linde counter guy this morning, mentionned a gas containing some as an alternative for my regreted blueshield23...to be continued...

thank's to all.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default gas

Dear "Snowbird",

Oxygen has a low ionization energy and impacts the surface tension of molten metal. As a component in the shielding gases it can therefore get you into spray mode at lower voltage settings and it supports finer droplets resulting in less spatter. On the flip side, out of position welding becomes difficult and you may loose (burn off) some critical alloying elements. Linde offers several three component shielding gases containing Argon, Carbon Dioxide and Oxygen.
    Please contact us to evaluate you specific needs at 1 888-256-7359 which will connect you with your local retail location.

Smile big brother is every where ;o)

Thank-you jcaporali, i contacted my linde sales rep. and he had a few suggestions that will likely meet my expectations.

I had no doubt about linde support, this posting was made to educate me from neutral point of view users here can provide.

Very satisfied with linde response so far and wasn't expecting drawing your service/support's attention on this forum.

Default correct information

You are absolutely correct. I bet the poster meant CO2.