Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Goofy projects using the same item.

Goofy projects using the same item.

Got a bunch of these stainless steel wire racks a while ago and stashed them as I couldn't figure out a use for them. They are 10 1/4" x 10 1/4" and have feet and a handle.

After a while, I found a use for them.

1 - Rack to smoke baby back ribs. Cut off the feet and handle and welded 1/4" ss tubing to the edges. The racks slide into another one which has ss rods to hold them vertically.

2 - Turkey fryer basket. Tacked 4 of them together and rolled them into a cylinder.
    Used another for the bottom with corners trimmed to fit my 5 gallon ss fryer pot.

3 - Another basket (used 2 racks for cylinder and one for bottom) to fry other stuff in a smaller pot so I don't need to use 5 gallons of oil each time.

4 - Crab trap - won't rust although it is a bit small.

Would love some other ideas for uses as there are just so many friends I can give cake cooling racks to as gifts.

More photos to come
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Default Goofy projects using the same item. - Part 2

More photos

Have used the fryer basket several times for deep frying turkeys and it works well.
    Burner is from a roofing torch as I found the regular turkey fryer burner was not providing enough heat to do the job.
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

I need a basket for my turkey frying pot so I can use it to boil Crawdads this spring. How did you luck out and score these racks? Looks like you are finding a good use for them.

Bistineau,

These racks came in a pile of stuff I got from a pet food store which was moving to a new location and selling stuff cheap.
    Also got a bunch of these stainless steel lids.
    3 1/2" OD with a 2" hole.
    So far I haven't come up with a use for them.
    Sure could use some ideas.

Great imagination.....why am I hungry?

Quote Originally Posted by @cvmechanical View Post
    Great imagination.....why am I hungry?
    Probably because he mentioned he got them from a pet food store.

Quote Originally Posted by bistineau View Post
    probably because he mentioned he got them from a pet food store.
    lol

Probably because he mentioned he got them from a pet food store.

Lol.....no!