Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MM211 Weld pics

Default MM211 Weld pics

Hey all new to the forum but long time viewer just now decided to make an account and post of some MM211 pics which i find to be a great welder

3/8 plates
    75/25 mix @ 20-25
    Settings are hot but and differ but NOT book spec'd for 3/8

Here is some flats from right to left with 3 different restarts i went with 3 different sizes

Here is an overhead i pulled on the right one and the left one i pushed

This is after i got it dialed in pretty good but still needed work and don't ask me about the gas i tried everything i knew of to get rid of it but nothing worked

The actual welder

I had a few more pics but it limits me to 4 but overall I'm satisfied with the purchase the gun although it seems kind of cheap and small as compared to the guns I've used from 251/252s/XMT304/CP302s but it had a slightly better feel to it probably because its smaller but i don't like the tip setup vs the obvious higher end stuff. Auto-set worked okay but i wouldn't personally use it and i haven't tried the 110 because i have no real use for it currently. Ground clamp and cable size could be better but it worked although i changed it out for a better clamp and thicker cable.

Other than that stuff i really do like the welder i believe though it can weld much higher than advertised although with obvious multi passes because with it cranked all the way up would eat through 3/8 like no other so i would like to get some 1in material and see how it does.

Also hopefully i can post pics like this if not let me know i also tried resizing them down to below 800X600 but i might've missed some

Very nice work. I love mine as well and i never go by the factory specs either. I tune it to its sweet spots while running it. Looking good!

Nice, I like the 211 too. Still getting use to setting it. I bought some Lincoln L 56
    .030 and really like it. It was mentioned here and on Weldingweb as a good wire and size for the 211.

I use a 211 at work and a HH210mvp at home and i love them both. I have not tried using the auto set at work but i hear its not that great. You have some really good skill and it shows in your beads consistency which is exactly the problem i have. Looks great......
    HH 210MVP
    Spoolrunner 100
    Powercraft AC buzz box
    Lotas LTP5000D plasma
    Victor Oxy/Acet
    30 ton press
    A few brand name tools
    Lots of no name tools
    A wife to worry me
    and 4 dogs to supervise me