Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bucket hooks

Hybrid View

Default bucket hooks

Not always a good day but this is all I had yesterday. Seems to have slowed way up just before Thanksgiving. Hopefully it will pick up next week.

I welded three hooks onto a 955 bucket. Customer spec'd location, supplied hooks & wanted base plates put on before the hooks. Used 1/2" x 5" x 9" flat bar.

1125031611.jpg 1125031612.jpg
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

November has been good for me and my little doings, I hope it keeps up. I missed a call yesterday while at work and passed on a warped all up aluminum drive entry gate.

Guy said it only needed two welds but after taking a look, it was a mess. I referred him to a guy that had time to deal with it.

It did lead me to talking to a local shop where I may have scored some tig work. Think I'll mock up some similar samples and take them by to show him what his projects will come out like.

The bucket work looks nice, makes me jealous. LOL Whish I had a shop to be able to take in large equipment. But I'll keep pecking away, the word seems to be getting out.

Have a great Thanksgiving, hope you get a lot of work.

Oh yea, mom had a big ham in the car porch fridge, someone stole it. Guess they had an early Thanksgiving. LOL

I agree real nice job. As long as the hooks aren't cast they will do fine. Hope work picks up but if most people are like me money is tight. The stolen ham is awful because most likely if they would have asked she would have given it to someone needy.
    HH 210MVP
    Spoolrunner 100
    Powercraft AC buzz box
    Lotas LTP5000D plasma
    Victor Oxy/Acet
    30 ton press
    A few brand name tools
    Lots of no name tools
    A wife to worry me
    and 4 dogs to supervise me