Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stang's MM-35

Thumbs up Stang's MM-35

I copied and moved this over to it's own thread so it can get proper attention..

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stang View Post
    .......... My girlfriend just inherited her fathers welder. It is a MillerMatic 35. I have no idea about one this old. I am teaching her to weld, starting with mig, then tig! How do I clean the dirt dawbers and wasp nest out without damaging the machine? This machine was bought on the 70s-but it has serious sentimental value to my little buddy

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Thumbs up

The MM35 is the grandaddy of all-in-one MIG machines...

Why not pull off the covers and blow it out with compressed air to remove crud and daubers..??

How bad is it?? pics??

Would suggest that you download the manual to have for reference..
    make sure to plug in your serial number to get the right version..
    the PDF is a free download..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

You might also look up the serial# to see when it really was built..
    (should be stamped into the front panel)

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

You should get a lot of useful work out of that machine...
    thousands of them were sold and many are still on duty in body shops and garages ...

BTW.. there have been quite a few threads concerning that model over the years..
    try a search on "MM35"
    Last edited by H80N; 11-24-2013 at 05:33 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    I copied and moved this over to it's own thread so it can get proper attention..
    H80n

Thanks! Sorry for the delayed response. I put in so many hours every week-the weekend is about the only time I can get on here. I am fairly new to the forum, still haven't figured out how to start a new thread.

Oh! And I'll get some pics when we get to her Mother's to bring it home. Hopefully soon!
    Last edited by 'Stang; 11-30-2013 at 07:08 PM.

Default H80n

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    The MM35 is the grandaddy of all-in-one MIG machines...

Why not pull off the covers and blow it out with compressed air to remove crud and daubers..??

How bad is it?? pics??

Would suggest that you download the manual to have for reference..
    make sure to plug in your serial number to get the right version..
    the PDF is a free download..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

You might also look up the serial# to see when it really was built..
    (should be stamped into the front panel)

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/s...reference.html

You should get a lot of useful work out of that machine...
    thousands of them were sold and many are still on duty in body shops and garages ...

BTW.. there have been quite a few threads concerning that model over the years..
    try a search on "MM35"
    Thanks for the good information. Talked to my girl tonight and she is excited at the idea of getting her Dad's welder running and learning to use it. Your links to the websites are much appreciated!