Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nrhmarine7 View Post
    everything was done free hand, however sorry to let you down the leaves came from king. I had no problem making them, however with the extra time I would be into the project because of them, it was way better for me just to buy them.
    Heck No... No Disapointment....

if you can integrate made-parts into your art and get what you want to express..

that is Great... besides.. King Metals has some neat components..

have you used any of the stuff from Wagner??..

they have a lot of premade components and systems that you could use in your architectural work...

http://www.wagnercompanies.com/Home.aspx
    Last edited by H80N; 11-25-2013 at 07:01 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Very nice.
    For the most part does the customer come up with the designs or have they been asking you guys to come up with something?

Looks like they maybe saying they need something nice and you are way beyond the expectations.

I have been thinking on finding potential jobs and building something to offer before even speaking with a homeowner or business. It would be a risk but work like you have here would sell itself even if they haven't thought about it.

Home invasions are at an all time high, A simple locking gate would be an obstacle, easily defeated but something the intruder would have to stop and deal with before running up and kicking in a door. Maybe a selling point for your work with the nice features.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    Very nice.
    For the most part does the customer come up with the designs or have they been asking you guys to come up with something?

Looks like they maybe saying they need something nice and you are way beyond the expectations.

I have been thinking on finding potential jobs and building something to offer before even speaking with a homeowner or business. It would be a risk but work like you have here would sell itself even if they haven't thought about it.

Home invasions are at an all time high, A simple locking gate would be an obstacle, easily defeated but something the intruder would have to stop and deal with before running up and kicking in a door. Maybe a selling point for your work with the nice features.
    Most of our jobs start out some like this

person: "hey so and so told me that you build gates"

Us " we do, what were you thinking?"

person: "um i dont know something cool and maybe incorporate a pineapple"

us: "ok here you go"

person: "OMG I LOVE IT PLEASE DO IT, ........yesterday or can it be done by the end of the day"

us: "hahahaha no it will be done in about 3 weeks, we need 500 to start and please have the 2300 when we install thanks"

Or they go like this.........

us: "hello random person, I see you have a gate in need of repair, how would you like a custom gate?"

person: "I dont know maybe, what were you thinking"

us: "well I drew this sketch, what do you think?"

person: "OMG I LOVE IT"

hahaha ok so not all of them go that smooth but you get the point.
    syncrowave 250
    millermatic 140 with spool gun
    350 dully with 225
    spectrum 375
    lateral band saw
    14in vertical band saw
    14in cold cut saw
    and now a 24x40 shop

ALL THE STUFF I HAVE BUILT

www.facebook.com/studiostevens

sketch it up before hand, I like that.

Nice work chingon!
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Nice work chingon!
    You like that huh? My buddy owns chingon fab in San Diego (makes some really bad a$$ stuff) so thats where I got it from!
    syncrowave 250
    millermatic 140 with spool gun
    350 dully with 225
    spectrum 375
    lateral band saw
    14in vertical band saw
    14in cold cut saw
    and now a 24x40 shop

ALL THE STUFF I HAVE BUILT

www.facebook.com/studiostevens

looks good

Wish I had that kind of talent. Nice work.
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln