I too am on the fence with my new 211 (for home). I have always had real good welds with the Linc. SP175 I use at work. I too have been experiancing the same symptoms with my 211 you are experiancing. I have 3 differant size wire spools .23 (Inweld), .30 (Forney) & .35 (Forney). I use mostly the smaller .23 (ment to get .24 but grabed .23). I've been using 220v (as is my work welder). The Miller seems to be kinda stubborn if the metal isn't absolutely clean or it will sputter, pop, splatter and/or burn the wire back to the tip causing the feed to stop until it cools for a second then it will pop loose. I will get kinda ****ty looking weld beads on autobody panels when this happens, the Linc. seems more forgiving. Tonight I was in the garage welding somemore on some rocker patches and thought I would finish with the Miller plugged into 110v and like others have stated before it seemed to smooth out and lay a cleaner weld at least for the short time I used it on 110v, I should have tried it sooner to get a better feel for it on 110v. I don't know why there would be any differance in the way it welds using either 110v or 220v but it did seem to smooth out and lay a better weld on the thinner metal I was welding. Mabey someone could chime in and explain why the differance. You might want to try it on another voltage and see if it helps.

Dave