Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default old miller dynasty 200. found the problems, trouble finding the parts!

hello everyone, i bought a used (bad idea) miller dynasty 200 a month or so ago.

i was welding 1/8 aluminum one night when i heard a nice fizzle and lots of smoke. i opened up the machine to see that first it was made in 2005, and second, the large can aluminum electrolytic capacitors have crapped the bed. literately dropping its liquid contents on the board. i took the boards off the machine to find it also has 4 burnt resistors.

i have found the correct part numbers for both of these pieces but not having much luck finding a place to purchase them.

large can aluminum electrolytic capacitor:
    ECEP2GP152HA

now with the resistor, i do not understand which code to use for the 3 digit "packaging" end code. there are, "lead(pb)-free" and "tin/lead"
    Resistor:
    CPF3150K00FK_ _ _

here are the pdf. pages i found with this information

panasonic capacitor:
    http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsh...EP2HP152HA.pdf

dale resistor:
    http://www.vishay.com/docs/31021/cpf.pdf

thank you for any help!

ryan
    Last edited by spriggan; 05-25-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
    hello everyone, i bought a used (bad idea) miller dynasty 200 a month or so ago.

i was welding 1/8 aluminum one night when i heard a nice fizzle and lots of smoke. i opened up the machine to see that first it was made in 2005, and second, the large can aluminum electrolytic capacitors have crapped the bed. literately dropping its liquid contents on the board. i took the boards off the machine to find it also has 4 burnt resistors.

i have found the correct part numbers for both of these pieces but not having much luck finding a place to purchase them.

large can aluminum electrolytic capacitor:
    ECEP2GP152HA

now with the resistor, i do not understand which code to use for the 3 digit "packaging" end code
    Resistor:
    CPF3150K00FK_ _ _

here are the pdf. pages i found with this information

panasonic capacitor:
    http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsh...EP2HP152HA.pdf

dale resistor:
    http://www.vishay.com/docs/31021/cpf.pdf

thank you for any help!

ryan
    Have a feeling that the visible failures that you have observed are probably a result of another failure upstream...

If you could post your serial number... hopefully.."Cruizer" can give you more advice...

For many of the parts try these guys

http://miller4less.com/

after you have looked up the numbers in the Miller parts book.. found here..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
    Last edited by H80N; 05-25-2015 at 10:04 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

S# LF313233

the large capacitors have a lifespan of 3000hours, over 10 years i think they reached that mark.

im hoping its only visible failures!

i'm thinking that these pieces can only be bought in large quantities or are now obsolete and discontinued

started with looking in the miller owners manual. its not as detailed as i would like it to be. instead of being able to replace whats on the interconnecting board it has the interconnecting board as a part#
    Last edited by spriggan; 05-25-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
    S# LF313233

the large capacitors have a lifespan of 3000hours, over 10 years i think they reached that mark.

im hoping its only visible failures!

i'm thinking that these pieces can only be bought in large quantities or are now obsolete and discontinued

started with looking in the miller owners manual. its not as detailed as i would like it to be. instead of being able to replace whats on the interconnecting board it has the interconnecting board as a part#
    If "Cruizer" checks in on this thread...

pay attention to his observations..

He knows these machines inside out and backwards...

And has been our resident Super Service Tech for many years...

Hope he is feeling well enough... he has had some health issues...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

here are some pictures just cause

the two large capacitors:

the liquid they spilled:

the 4 resistors:

the burnt backside of those resistors: