Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default S-32P Super suitcase problem

hey everyone this is my first post at millerwelds! ive been a reader for years and i would just like to say thanks for all the great info here. im having a problem with my s32p super suitcase wire feeder and it goes like this. you can weld with it for about 20 minutes then it starts acting up (after, im assuming it warms up). the wire feed starts and stops rapidly and the contactor switch opens and closes (audible clicking) at the same rate. ive tried a couple different diameters of wire and several different power sources with the same result. any help is greatly appreciated!

Just another one of my guesses, and am going to suggest a gun replacement or repair is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Just another one of my guesses, and am going to suggest a gun replacement or repair is needed.
    thanks for the reply, i jumped the switch with another one i had with the same result. i also dont think its the switch in the gun or the wiring because it only does it under load. not sure why the rest of the gun would have influence on the suitcase basically turning on and off intermittently (that seems the best way to describe the problem). maybe you could elaborate on this theory?

If the gun internal conduit happened to short with one of the trigger wires, your stated problems would occur. Stuff expands when hot