Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Miller Dynasty Dx 200 Tig Runner Package ?

I just purchased the Dynasty Dx 200 , I wired it up to run 460 volts , my first time hearing this machine run , I think there is an electrical issue internal in this machine .it welds fine but, I hear an electrical arc not a fan but something of that nature when the machine is in Idle . Is this common....
    I would expect to hear a fan , it just raises my concern there is something going on inside that is not right.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Ps : I don't feel the fan running

Smile

That machine has "Fan on Demand".... so it does not run all the time... just when hot... which is not very often...

on the arcing sound... ... inverters make a different sound than transformer machines... probably normal...
    Last edited by H80N; 11-10-2013 at 08:05 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Thanks , I was just unsure of that sound .
    Wanted to make sure .
    I have only stick welded with it thus far . Can't wait to get finished with this pipe job I am on so I can get home and play with it on the high frequency side , and aluminum capabilities .

Thanks for quick response!

Kind of an electronic whining sound? That's the noise mine makes on 220 volt

And the Tigrunner version has the Coolmate cooler... the pump on that is pretty noisy as well...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by @cvmechanical View Post
    Kind of an electronic whining sound? That's the noise mine makes on 220 volt
    Yes!!!!
    I'm hoping that's usual with this machine...

You may want to take it to your lws and have them have a listen since they have surely been around properly running dynasties.

I believe from videos on you tube and from what I've heard that's the norm.

The electrical "noise" is the Autoline voltage sensing system and is common through the Dynasty range.
    Both mine and my mates Dynasty 350's make the same noise.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
    We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
    OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
    Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by awill4x4 View Post
    The electrical "noise" is the Autoline voltage sensing system and is common through the Dynasty range.
    Both mine and my mates Dynasty 350's make the same noise.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
    Thank you!

I just did not expect to hear any noise coming from it .....